Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Star Station Wagon

Hello,

I'm new to all of this but my family is starting to restore the car that my grandfather bought some years back. Everyone has their own jobs and mine with the cars is to research the history and be able to know where the car came from. I looking for any information that anyone might have on a 1923 Star Station Wagon. This information I would hope would include where we might find parts and those sorts of things. It is in great condition but the last time my family knows it was ran was around 1990. So any advice would be helpful as well.

Thanks so much

LeeAnn

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Durant Star Station Wagon

Hi LeeAnn,
Your best bet is to join this great group of Durant enthusiast. I will gladly send you a complimentary copy of our magazine the DURANT PARTNER. Just email me your address. I truly feel you will find this the most supportive group of people you have ever encountered. Plan to attend our 10th Annual Meet in September at Auburn, IN. Your just next door. Sure is great to hear this is a family project. Welcome to this great hobby...
With our website and magazine you should have no trouble finding parts....Always feel free to ask questions on anything your family wants to know with regards to the restoration.

Yates Milton
Founder, DMAC

LEEANN,
WHAT WAS GRAND DAD'S LAST NAME...DID HE BELONG TO A CLUB?...WE HAD THREE GENERATIONS OF THIS CLUB. MAYBE HIS NAME CAN TRIGGER SOME AWARENESS OF THE WAGON'S HISTORY. WHERE DID HE GET THE CAR? THIS IS A GREAT GROUP TO BE A PART OF IF YOU ARE RESTORING A STAR...
REGARDS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and a 1930 6-14 standard sedan

My Grandfather's name was Richard (Dick) Vinton Roof and he might have been a member but he passed away in 1993 of lung cancer. I was only 9 so I never got to ask too many questions. I'm not sure where he got the car and my dad isn't saying too much about it. He wants us the grandkids to see what we can learn about the car before telling us too much. I know that in my first post I did say that the last known time it was ran was in teh 90s, I was wrong. I found out last night that my mom can't remember the last time it was ran and she and my dad were married in 83. So I'm guessing it hasn't been run in some time.

I do know how ever that we are currently trying to get to the serial or factory plate in the inside of the motor compartment. So once we get do that I can tell you more about where the car was produced.

I do know that the car itself has looks brand new as though it just came off the line. WE haven't gotten close enough to look at the wood and other parts of the car but we are slowly working on it. My grandfather kept it in the barn with many other things and we have to move some to get to it, but what we can see it looks as though it is in great shape.

I know that this is a Durant sight but my family also owns 3 other antiques as well. We have a 1919 Ford truck, a 1924 Modle T and a 1925 Modle T Coupe. So if anyone knows any where to get information on these it would be helpful as well.

Thanks so much everyone.

LeeAnn

Hi LeeAnn

Welcome to the wonderful world of Durant and Star cars.

As others have mentioned, do consider joining us we would love to have you as a Durantonian.

The latest edition of the Partner is all about station wagons, maybe Yates or Rick has an extra copy they would send you when you join the DMAC.

We have many members who would be willing to help with your car. We also have a very active East Coast Chapter of the DMAC. Our spring meet was in Cleveland, Ohio, and we are hosting the national meet this September in Auburn Indiana, please consider joining us.

As far as your question about the Model T's there are two very good national clubs that have a lot of info on these cars and trucks. I belong to both of them. Many good informational books about the T's are available. Contact me if you are interested, I do stock most of them. Cathy and I have a couple of T's also, a 1916 touring, 23 center door, 25 coupe, 25 roadster and 25 TT truck

Good luck with your cars...........

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? Now 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Hi Frank,

My name is LeeAnn Roof and I am the one who has been asking alot of
questions on the Star Station Wagon. If you could share the Ford groups
with me that would be very helpful. I know that my brothers and dad are
working very hard on the Doctors Coupe and the Red no top Modle T's (I'm
not sure what the other ones name is so it is red to me.) It would help us
out so much to be able to find people who can help us find parts as well
as help us to get some knowledge on these cars. I know the Red car with no
top Modle T has a wishing finished date of June 14, 2008. My middle bother
is getting married and he would love to be able to drive off after the
wedding in it. I have several pictures of the Doctors Coupe if you would
like to see them. But any information you can give me would be great.

Thanks
LeeAnn Roof

I tried to send this as an email but it wouldn't go through. Do you have another email address?

LeeAnn
Try franks e mail with
only one "t" in atlantic I am sure it will work
Hopefully you and your family will join our great club
Ken McCormick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Leeann:
Drop me a line as I own several Model T Fords and belong to both national clubs. I also own a 1924 Star, 1923 Moon, 1923 Dodge and 1930 Buick so I may be able to help you find the parts and knowledge. For information on the Durant cars the Durant Club is the best. Where is spencerville Ohio?
Have a nice day. Modelt1916@yahoo.com, Jarnett@kforce.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Star Coupe

Spencerville is near Lima and if that doesn't help then Lima is reight between Toledo and Dayton right up 75.

LeeAnn:
I am in Cincinnati which is very close to you. Give me a call if you want to discuss anything (859-441-9677) or drop me a email.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Star Coupe

LeeAnn
I just went to my old roster from a few years back. Found your Grand dads name there . I dont know what help this is but the car was a 1923 star C station wagon #11296--Continental W5 engine #51166--4 cyl--built in Lansing Mich. Black metal? Natural wood -- Wood wheels and brown leatherette seats/
He was a member of the Durant Family Registry and apparently had been for some time since he was member number 46. I was number 343. Hope this is a bit of help to you.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Thanks so much Ken for that information. My grandmother doesn't know much about what my grandfather did with the cars so every bit helps. You are right on all of the numbers so I thank you for that. If you have any more information about my grandfather or this car it would be greatly apperciated. He died in 1993 and I was only 9 so to meet someone who may have known him and could tell me things about him would be great. I know that it would be alot to me and my family alike. My brothers and cousins would all like to know as much as we can about him. He seemed to be a wonderful man who had only is family's best interest at heart.

Thanks again
LeeAnn

LeeAnn
Wish I could help with more info -but I have given you all I have --That Info I picked from my old roster of the club from Jeff Gillis days . I will look thru it again and see if there are any old members from your area that were in the club at that time , Maybe you could then contact them and see what they know .
Best of luck
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Hi LeeAnn I have an original owers manual for the 1923 star cars and station wagon if you would like I can have it copied and send you the copy.[THE WOLFMAN]

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1923 Star 2dr runabout

The Durant Motors Automobile Club