Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auburn, Indiana will be the place to be for our 10th annual DMAC Meeting & Tour

You can all start to make plans for the 10th Annual DMAC meeting & Tour as soon as possible. A formal announcement and registration form will be in the next Partner magazine, but below is the details to get a jump start on everything.

We will be touring several car museums such as the Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg, and the Krause Antique car museum, among others. Also there will be several great routes with picture opportunities for touring in the cars. Swap meet, and parts sales, things for the ladies to do, and possibly some technical sessions. The highlight of the event will be the banquet on Saturday night at the "Dusenberg" room of the Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg museum where we will get to dine and socialize among those fine cars.

September 26th - 30th, 2007
Hosted by the East Coast Chapter

LaQuinta Inn & Conference Center
306 Touring Drive
Auburn, Indiana 46706
Phone: (260) 920-1900
FAX: (260) 920-1992

This hotel is located at exit 129, off Interstate 69 & S.R. 8, Auburn, Indiana
Room rates will be $70.99 per night.

Registration fee is $55.00 per person U.S. and can be mailed to my address below. Please include the names of who will be attending, and if you are bringing a car or not. Checks and money orders can be made out to the DMAC East Coast Chapter.

Look for the details in the next Partner!

DMAC East Coast Chapter
C/O Mike Linthicum
1421 Hampstead Terrace
Oviedo, Florida 32765

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Re: Auburn, Indiana will be the place to be for our 10th annual DMAC Meeting & Tour

mike,
is the banquet on sat. nite a dress up affair?

gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and 63 sedan and a 1930 6-14 standard sedan

Re: Auburn, Indiana will be the place to be for our 10th annual DMAC Meeting & Tour

Spoke to Frank W. tonight and due to the final price of the catering coming in a bit higher, the registration price per person will be $60.00 instead of $55.00 per person. So disregard the above price. Gary the banquet will be casual and various period dress is acceptable. If you want to dress up that's fine, if not that's fine also. And Gary for you clothing is not optional!

Mike,
How about RV accommodations in the vicinity. I'm not a big fan of motels above $14.95 per night!!!

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Don
I'll check on that and get back to you. I'm sure there is one. Stand by.

WHAT IS THE NEAREST COMMERCIAL AIRPORT TO AUBURN?.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 star touring

Mike I owe you $10.00 Just mailed a Check with infor required for $110.00.
Question: Do you know if there is going to be enough room for parking our Car huller trailer and tow vehicle?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 Durant 4 Dr. Sedan

Ed
I checked MapQuest and here's what I found

Ft. Wayne, Indiana is 18 miles and 20 minutes drive time

Indianapolis,Indiana is 141 miles & 2 hrs drive time

Toledo, Ohio is 114 miles & 1 hr 49 minutes.

You can check with whomever you book your fights with, but Indianapolis is the bigger city, the flights are usually cheaper into there, but then you have the long drive.

hey mike....thanx for the info on dress....i know my portly belly makes me look a "little bit pregnant"..soooooooooo......
keeping with the period of the 1920's....i thought i would wear a ZOOT SUIT.....with a RAPE DRAPE, of course to make room for all of me...hahahahaha

...regards, gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and 63 sedan and a 1930 6-14 standard sedan

Don
The area Chamber of Commerce responded to me with this?

Following are the addresses of the two campgrounds in our county. The KOA
is at Exit 126 right next to the World War II Victory Museum. This is a
clean campground, but it is basically out in a field (few trees) along the
interstate. They would be 3 miles from the LaQunita.

The other campground is about 10 miles from the LaQuinta. This is an older,
privately owned campground, has trees, a fishing pond, and swimming pond.

Both handle full-service hookups.

Finally, you might speak with the LaQuinta Inn, sometimes they will allow
RV's to park on their lot during an event like this.

Auburn KOA Campground
260-925-6747
5612 County Road 11A
Auburn, Indiana 46706
Email: auburnkoa@locl.net

Indian Springs Campground
260-357-5572
0981 County Road 64
Garrett, Indiana 46738
Email: info@indianspringsoutdoors.com

Already started to receive some registrations in. The registration form will be in the next Partner, but you don't have to wait for that. You can send your registration fee, parties attending, and if you are bringing a car to the address for me listed above in the posting.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

I've posted the Registration form on the Chapter page in the East Coast section.

Rick

Members
The registration price is $60.00 per person, not $70.00. You can use the form posted, but please adjust the amount until we can get a new one posted. Thanks

The Durant Motors Automobile Club