Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Horn for my car

HELP !!!!
I am in need again. I am looking for the complete horn for my durant --the button and all the parts for in the center of the steering wheel. Does anyone have one to sell? 1930 durant-deluxe rumble seat coupe -model 614. I have the horn wire but need all the rest.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant--deluxe rumble seat coupe--model 614

Re: Horn for my car

Ken Do you need the horn itself (make Northeast) or the button and ring or all parts?

Ross
Just need the button and all the parts that fit into the centre if the steering wheel
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant--deluxe rumble seat coupe--model 614

Ken,

Can you describe what it looks like? Does it have a large hex that tapers up to a round tube. The hex is treadeded like a nut and hold the steering wheel. The tube holds the horn buttion. If it like this I have sketches so the parts can be made.

Bob

BOB
Sounds about right to me . I have the large hex nut holding the wheel on the wire -I would think -has to come up the hollow steering column tube . There are three holes in the wheel -I think for bolting the horn mechanism in to place. I would appreciate any thing that would help me figure how to either get one or build one --thanks
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club