Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for detailed pics of 1925 Stars and early car/tractor conversions

Hi,
I just bought a 1925 star chassis with front disk wheels and a tractor conversion kit on the rear. I suspect the vehicle was a pickup (because of the disk wheels), but don't know because the body is missing. Also, I don't know the make of the tractor conversion, but it has two 34-in diameter x 10-in wide iron-spoked steel tractor wheels with iron treads riveted on. Each rear wheel was driven by a chain and two sprockets. The smaller sprocket was mounted on the axle (I believe with lug bolts replacing the original wheel) and the larger sprocket was bolted to the steel tractor wheel. The wheel-mounted sprocket is 20-in diameter and has 20 teeth. I'm missing one of the larger sprockets, both smaller sprockets, and the entire 1925 rear end. I'm looking for pics of both the Star and the tractor conversion that I can consult in restoring my vehicle. I'm also searching for "soft" parts (i.e., coil, distributor, wiring, etc.), as it appears the vehicle burned before it was parked in the barnyard 80 years ago.
Sincerely,
Brandon Beard

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star, disk front wheels, with tractor conversion on the rear.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club