Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cowl molding question for 1922 Star

A good friend of mine is doing a 100% correct restoration on a 1922 Star. His question is: "Did the '22 Star originally have trim moulding on the cowl to seat the back of the hood? Mine does not, nor is there any visible indication that there ever was one. Only the woven hood lace. If there was, can someone point me in the right direction to a moulding that could be shaped to function like that?" O.K. you Star guys, lets hear from you! Best regards, Tony Burke
thanks ha

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 6-60 RS Coupe

Re: Cowl molding question for 1922 Star

The 1922-23 'C' model Star was a very basic automobile. To the best of my knowledge, they did not have cowl lace trim. I think Durant started using that trim on the 'F' models.
Don

Re: Cowl molding question for 1922 Star

Brouse through the catalogue of factory pictures on our link's durantcars.com, Don is correct that the '24 Star F is probably the first Star to have cowl molding, And the '23 Durant A-22 I believe to be the first Durant to have molding.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club