Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1931 Devaux 4 Door for sale

Hello members and guests,
J&R Vintage Auto Museum is selling a 1931 Devaux.
They are asking $18,500. The phone number is:
505-867-2881. They are located in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.

Dennis

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Devaux

Re: 1931 Devaux 4 Door for sale

This car is on formal display and appears to be in beautiful condition. Go on website: Jrvintageautos.com and click on autos for sale. Impressive!!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

I think this was Jeff Cromeen's car out of Mesquite, Texas. Member of DMAC and member of DFR

I have a picture somewhere of his car at the meet in Freemont, Nebraska where we had 7 DeVaux cars. What do the rest of you think? Was this Jeff's car?
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

Sorry for the delay in answering this topic as I have been away for a while.
Yes, this the car from Mr. Cromeens collection. I talked to him just after his collection was sold. Jeff's cars were sold at auction. Later I traced the sale to update my records.
I called J&R after that to send them a lot of printed data on the history of the DeVaux. That is why the owner of the museum then "upped" (if that is a word) the sale price of the car.
A side note to this is that Ray Zenz had the car before Jeff. I think Ray did the restoration. (I got that from Howard Renke. The Guru of DeVaux history.)
The man that ownes the museum in New Mexico has been involved with the "Great Race" for years. When the race ended in Tacoma, Washington 2 years ago I saw him and his wife cross the finish line in a Model A roadster.
Gary

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Questions if I may: Is this car fully restored and generally in superb condition? Is the DeVaux brand more difficult to find parts, or do parts closely match other Durant cars? What would be a "fair" price to offer? Thanks, Ron

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

The Durant Motors Automobile Club