Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
answering "sheila's letter"

hey men...don't forget to read "sheila's" guest book entry and send some ideas and encouragement to her about her durant project. i told her what a good and helpful bunch you are ...don't make a liar out of me....regards, gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and 63 sedan

Re: answering "sheila's letter"

Gary,
I sent her email twice. The first time it came back with just the first names of three people and no message. Could have been a problem with my computer. Every member of the DMAC who uses our website should jump on the people who sign our Guestbook "like a fly on a June Bug." It is just good public relations and a way to increase our membership.

Yates

Hi All.....
I also replied, but did not recieve any response. I always try to respond to these guest book entries. Some times I even find cars and parts for sale

It's a good way to keep this Club growing ! !

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Yep I sent her one too with no reply so far.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

And so did i --no answer yet
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

I sent an email also. Would like to compare her car with our 1922.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

hello
i got a response from sheila when i wrote. she intends to join and needs helpful suggestions just to get it started for now. she is located in Ashland, Pa
in the coal region schuyllkill co. her cell phone is 570-590-0008.....if anyone is in that area and can call to see what we can do to help.....regards, gary k

I hope I did right then. I told her first thing was to drain and clean the gas tank so as not to gum up her carb .I could have told her to clean the plugs and all wiring contacts too but she said she has a mechanic friend ?? figured he would be able to figure out most of that .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

great start ken..hope we can keep her going...regards, gary k

I sent her a long letter on things to do before putting the key in and how working on cars from the 60's is not the same as a car in the twenties. I hope I don't insult him. I went over draining the oil and vac tank, disconnecting the water pump coupling, purging the oil line, cheking oil pressure and ect.
I think whith our help she can get this car back on the road. i also recommended that she get an owners manual so if someone has one she might be interested.
Have a nice day
Jan

I still haven't gotten a response so she may have all the information she needs.
Have a good day
Jan

Ha everyone.I just got off the phone with Sheila.Her car is a 1922 Durant A22 Touring red in colour black interior and top.She said it appears not to have any rust showing.The body is in very good condition.She has filled out her membership and will send it along.She is going to send me some photos of her car and when I receive them I will forward them to the club so we can all enjoy them. P/S She has had trouble with her email thats why we are not getting a return email. [THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a 1928 Rugby Truck model X , 1928 Durant 2 dr coupe, 1923 Star 2dr runabout [roadster].

way to go dave....and i think i may be getting an
a-22 owners manual in the mail shortly from ebay purchase i can copy and send her....regards, gary k

The Durant Motors Automobile Club