Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need more stuff

Can anyone help, I'm looking for a wiring harness, and is there a place I can get the outer rims for 29 Durant M2. Mine will not line up after I put new tires on, tried and tried. Thanks Dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? Working on 29 Durant M-2

Re: Need more stuff

Dave
Check out your issue of the Durant Partner, there are several companies that sell wiring harneses. And if your not a member and don't get the Partner, then shame on you and you need to join for sure. Lots of parts suppliers that have provided parts to members.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

Hi David......

I stock wiring harnesses made by Rhode Island Wiring for the Star M. Also have custom old style spark plug wire sets for all Durant & Star cars.

I will be bringing all this and more to both the ECC Cleveland meet and the National in Auburn.

Good luck with your car........

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Thanks, I sent my check, and will be at the event. Dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? Working on 29 Durant M-2

Re: Re: Need more stuff

Frank:
You ever seen anyone who has a wiring harness for Durant 619? Maybe a 614 would work? My wiring is all make do, jerry rigged.
I could make up my own harness, I'm sure from the diagrams and measurements, but the gauges are not shown anywhere I've seen.
I'd hate to bring my car with its frayed array to Auburn.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi Wayne.........

I am going to use a harness from a 614 on both my 619 and 617. They are very similar. I have a couple of these new harnessses in stock. These were made by Rhode Island Wiring. And are a duplicate of the original.

If you need one of these to get your car ready for Auburn, I will be glad to help out.

I will have a lot of parts at Auburn. See you there !!!

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort Buggy

I just got a complete wiring harness for my 1929 model 60 Durant. I got it from Harnesses Unlimited. They did a great job on making the harness and it was not too expensive. Harnesses Unlimited is located in Wayne, PA. Their phone number is: 610-688-3998. Paul Little the owner, has been making harnesses for old cars for many years.
Leonard

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Wiring harness for Durants/Continental(Ace, Beacon, Flyers) are also available from a company @
www.riwire.com

The Durant Motors Automobile Club