Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for info

Hello again, first restoration for me, is there a check list of what needs to be done or what they will look for, to keep original as possible in case its in a show? Thanks dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? Working on 29 Durant M-2

Re: Looking for info

Hi David,
Check out Antique Automobile Club of America. Go under Publications and you can pull up their Judging Manual. In my opinion they have the toughest judging system around. It will not give you any specifics on Durant, but will give you an overall idea. Good luck and keep our Web Forum hot with your questions...

Yates

Thanks Yates, many more to follow. Dave

David: Yates is correct that the AACA manual is very comprehensive in how to restore a car but it is not specific to the Durant Model. The first item of business is an owners manual which will show you how to drive and keep up the car. The second item is a parts manual which will list the parts that were originaly on the car. The third item is an understanding of how judgeing works. All show judges whether AACA or local like you to have documentation of any item in question and the best documentation are the factory manuals. One thing to be aware of is that artists illustarted a lot of manuals and some times the artist drew what they thought was correct and the car was built differently. The fourth item is to have fun but do not make body or interior modifications as these will be obvious. Feel free to make the car more reliable by changing out engine parts that are internal and not obvious. But above all have fun.
Hope this helps.
Jan

Thanks, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, It's awesome so far.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club