Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
seat constructio

I think most of you know by now that I am in the proccess of restoring a great durant car. I am not going for a 100 point car -just one that will look good and drive well.At the moment I am working on the floor boards and running boards.I was thinking of using plywood for the running boards. Any comments on this ?? Also going to use plywood for the rear part of the floor under the drivers seat.
One thing I need is a plan or sketch showing the construction of the seats --both drivers seat and rumble seat --I have nothing to guide me atall. Can some one send me a sketch or a picture of the wood construction .I will build a box type seat and fill with a slab of foam till I can get a good spring . I really want to get this car on the road soon --The finall touches I can work on at my liesure after it is runnung
Thanks for any info
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 rumble seat coupe -deluxe - model614

Re: seat constructio

Hi Ken,
I may have what you need if it is for a 614. Will check today. Had a new bottom and back that came extra with my 614. Let me know exactly what you are looking for by email.

Yates

Re: seat construction

I have the same probblem with a M2 touring 1928, if sombody have drawing , pictures o sketches will be great
Im trying to do that with Body Fisher Manual 1926 to 31 , but it is not for Durant , only for GM brands

Any Hel will be appreciated

Thanks
Walter

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes , m2 touring 1928 and M4 touring 1929

The Durant Motors Automobile Club