Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Side view mirror(s)

Looking for appropriate (quality) side/rear view mirrors. Hate to drill holes in the doors for mounting, however o.k. if appropriate. Any original type designs recommended and their source? Thanks much.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Re: Side view mirror(s)

Hi Ron,

Before you drill holes in your doors you might concider a curved or streight arm "Peep mirror" they clamp on the door edge, I installed one over 35 years ago when I first restored my car and it looks as nice now as it did when I first installed it...I used the curved arm 4" (round) and installed it above the top hinge, the arm contours around the hinge...Don't remember where I bought mine ,but you can see them at lebaronbonney.com. If you install one on the passenger's side it would be for appearance only.

Ron: They also make a mirror that fits over the door hinge. I have one on my star.
Jan

Thanks! Have ordered from LeBaronBonney.com (The mirror that appears to integrate with the door hinge). Will report upon receipt. Ron

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

The Durant Motors Automobile Club