Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Firewall

Can someone help me with some pictures of the firewall (cowl) on a 25 Star? Need the view under the hood showing what is mounted and what holes go through into the car and what goes through them. Mine as several holes that I don't think should be there and there is an area covered by a piece of tin that is screwed on. I know that the horn and the bracket that holds it are missing so I need a picture and dimensions of the bracket so I can make one. I would like to get this painted in the near future so could really use this information. Any help is appreciated.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F 2 dr Sedan

Re: Firewall

Hi Elliot, I have a 25 Star firewall without anything on it. It came with my car & i'm using a 24 from a parts car. It doesn't look like any extra holes have been drilled. The horn was mounted in a 3" hole with 3 smaller holes around it. I dont have a 25 horn, i'm using a 24 to match the firewall. If a picture of the bare firewall would help just holler.
Glenn Guild

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star

A picture would be great thanks. Eliot

Hi Eliot....

Here are some fire wall pictures from 2 of my Stars.

This is a 1926 M roadster passanger side

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The oil can is not factory nor is the kill switch, or coil. but this is an original horn it just mounts through the firewall using 3 longer bolts that anchor the bell and horn cover together, there are no other brackets. If you need pictures of the horn I do have one that is not mounted just let me iknow and I will post it also

These next two are my 1927 M sedan, an all original car. The only extra holes are the two pipe niples sticking through the fire wall that connect to an accessory heater (it got cold in Canada) One went right through the data plate!

Hope this helps......Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? a dozen Durants & Stars cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

The Durant Motors Automobile Club