Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
brake rods

Has anyone got a picture of the emergency brake rod .
I have a lot of rods but no rod for the emergency brake It goes from the hand lever to the cross rod.I cant quite figure how to build one since it must work when you pull the lever --and not work when you push the foot pedal
Any info will be a help
Thanks guys
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: brake rods

HI KEN
I HAVE A LOT OF BRAKE RODS FOR A 27 STAR IF YOU CAN GIVE ME A MEASUREMENT OR ANY MEMBER AND I CAN SEND YOU THE CORRECT ONE.
BRIAN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star 27star

I see if I can get a good picture from my 1925 Star. It's in storage but I should be by there soon.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Brian --I dont have one to measure or give you a pic of --I do have all the other rods --just need the one for the emergency brake .It must be made differently since it has to remain idle when you push the foot brake
Ken

Hi Ken.......

Is this rod you need for your 614 ??

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Frank --
Yes--I need a rod that will work for the emergency brake and that will not lock up the emergency when I apply the foot brake .I think it must have some sort of sliding mechanism but cant quite figure how to build it. I should have looked closer when I was at your place --maybe would have found one there --
Ken

Thanks Ken

Your 614 should have a similar set up to my 617 and 619. I will try to get a couple pictures and post them here, also have to look if I've got any from the 614 that I parted out. Keep warm........

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Frank
I am trying to keep warm . pretty hard to do here some days when the temp drops to the small numbers. If you do have a rod for sale I will gladly buy it since I bought the brake lever from you . Thanks for all the assistance

Ken

Any one else got any info for me ??A picture would be great and would sure help .
Frank
Do you have brake lining in stock/I want to reline all 4 wheels --it is 1 1/2 inches wide approx 26 inches long for each wheel . Next after that will be the exhaust system . I am determined to get this beast on the road.
Thanks
Ken

Ken:
I took my car to "Carline" muffler shop, and they did a great job. I have also had "Midas" do a complete exhaust pipe/muffler/tail pipe on the Frontenac. Any muffler for a 200 cu. in. vehicle will work nicely and give a nice sound.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

thanks Gord---We have a slop here that treats all us old car nuts really good --I know he will do me proud
wish he did brakes too -- ha ha
I will get it done soon --
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club