Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East Coast Chapter Spring Meet Update

Hi All.....

We are finializing the details for the spring meet in Cleveland Ohio.

Mark the dates of April 19, 20, 21, 2007 on your calander.

Cathy and I visited the area last week end and scouted out some locations, I checked car stuff and Cathy checked shopping areas !!

Arrangement are under way for a quality hotel in the Twinsburg area, easy to find, ample parking, and Old car friendly roads. about 20 minutes from Clevaland. I've got a rate of $79 per night, and a lobby area that we won't get thrown out of (Remember Williamsburg). Many fine restarunts in the area.

One of the high lights of the meet will be a visit to the Crawford Auto & Aviation Museum. Many unique items in their collection not just cars check out their web site. Also am making arrangements to tour their storage and restoration facility. This will be a private tour, and within easy old car driving distance of the hotel, they may even fire up some of their cars for us. They also have an extensive auto literature and refference library that will be available.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is also nearby. There is a very nice outlet shopping mall near the hotel (Cathy says it is OK, and she might find some things there, so come and buy some parts from me to help her shopping)

We are also going to meet about the National convention, Mike will have a lot of info to fiinalize there.

We invite all who are interested in the cars of Durant Motors to attend, you don't need to be a member of the East Coast Chapter or the DMAC all are welcome.

I would like to get a count of those attending to help with reservations etc. Please let me know.

Much more info to follow. This will be a great time with a great bunch of people, get those cars ready for Auburn in the fall, bring them to Clevaland this spring !!!

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Re: East Coast Chapter Spring Meet Update

Hi Frank:
Sorry to say we will not be able to attend. Mary Carolyne and I will be in Florida at the "Sun N Fun" airshow at Lakeland during that time.
Hope you have a great time at the meet.
Gord.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

Frank you know I'll be there!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

frank...
count on us..marcia and gary k....we are looking forward to seeing everyone

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and 63 sedan

Good evening Frank,
Annjean and myself are planning on being there,after all Kathy needs someone to help spend your money! Hopefully you will guarantee good weather.
Bill

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

Yup!!!! Frank--- we do expect to be in Cleveland.

Not a member yet, but will try to attend. Thanks Dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? Working on 29 Durant M-2

Just made my airline reservations and will be there for sure. Sounds like a great time as always? How about it fellow Durantonians, I understand that Elvis is alive and well living in Cleveland at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame! Someone said he's traded in his pink Cadillac for a 29 Durant!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

hey mike,
on a personal note, i saw the title to elvis's pink cadillac...imagine my surprise when i saw my grandmother's name on the title...he bought it from a "lena moskowitz"...same name as granny....regrads, gary k

Just a reminder to everyone that the ECC spring meet is just about 2 weeks away. It's not to late to make your reservations and come to the meeting. If you can't drive it, then fly to it. Make your reservations now before the airline gas prices go up. Lot's of good things to do, people to meet, and lots to discuss about Auburn 2007. We need volunteers to help out with the Auburn DMAC annual meeting in September. We want to make this the best ever.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Hi All.....

Only one week to go !!!

Just because it snowed in Cleveland yesterday, I predict warm and sunny Durantonians next week.

Remember Friday morning we are scheduled for the tour of the Preservation and restoration facility . We will be leaving the hotel at 10:00 AM for any one coming in that day. This is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, don't miss it. Cathy and I are covering the cost, so plan on attending.

Some of us will be getting in on Thursday afternoon, we will have our Star touring, and Cathy may have her SSR, she still remembers the COLD top down ride to the trains in Lancaster. Wants me to find heated seats for the Star!

I have talked to a couple of prospective members who will be joing us as well as Club members from other areas planning on comming. Here's your chance to meet some new folks as well as all the old friends.

The Crawford Museum on Saturday offers a chance to see more cars as well as many other historic items. Their extensive research library will also be open to us.

Don't forget the Rock & Roll Museum .....Be there or be square!!

See you all in Cleveland........

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

frank,
i use little cans of sterno under marcia's seat..lol
she is a real hottie now....hahahaha.... gary k

I am planning on arriving early Friday morning in plenty of time for breakfast. Wouldn't miss the tour of the restoration shop... great opportunity. The music hall of fame is very "under advertised", good choice Frank! See everyone there.

Hi All........

Well only a couple days till the Spring?? Meet in Cleveland.

The weather is improving, we should have spring like weather (at least by Cleveland standards). Which means no snow or rain. The Star is loaded and ready for some top down touring!

The turn out looks good, hope to see all the old friends and some new members and faces.

If you can't bring a car bring some pictures, I know Gary K and Mike L will have pictures of their new additions, and so will I.

See all you Durantonians there !!!

Frank ---

The Durant Motors Automobile Club