Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC National Meet Auburn 2007! Be there or be square!

Ok fellow Durantonians. You will want to make your reservations early on this one. I've been challenged to make this the best and greatest DMAC Annual Meeting ever! That's a hard shoe to follow but the ECC is sure going to try. I finalized the hotel yesterday which will be listed below. When calling please tell the reservation taker that you would like to book your room under the Durant Motors Automobile Club. We will increase the national by one day starting on Wednesday Septmenber 26, and ending on September 30, 2007. I have procurred the room rate of $70.99 per night and we will have the a hospitality room from Wednesday through Saturday night for our exclusive use. We can close it and lock it when we want to. No more being thrown out of the lobby for being to routy like the ECC experienced in Williamsburg. There will lots more to follow and a price for registration and the banquet will follow.

Wait until at least Tuesday before you start making reservations since I have to sign some contracts that the hotel needs to fax to me.

La Quinta Inn & Conference Center
306 Touring Drive
Auburn Indiana 46706
phone 1-800-531-5900
or 260-920-1900

If you have any problems the lady I've been dealing with is Dianna Powell Sales Manager.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

Re: DMAC National Meet Auburn 2007! Be there or be square!

Hey this isnt really a response to this topic but, William C. Durant is my Great Great grandpa and I´m trying to figure out some information about the badges on the durant cars. I was wondering which one was the first and the colors of them. P.S. I may not answer an email for a few days because i am in cabo san lucas, mexico and my email isnt working down here.
thanks,
christopher

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Hi Mike,
Our bags are packed... Great work...

Yates and Doris Milton

Dear Chris
I don't know how old you are or what your family has told you about your Grandfather but he was a remarkable man. If your not you should be proud of him and his accomplishments, for without his vision and forethought, I and many others believe that the American Car companies would not have developed into the great corporations they have. I have sent you a seperate email answering your questions about the emblems so if you have any further questions, I can answer them directly. You are invited and would be welcome at the National Meet that we are going to have in Auburn in September and you would have the chance to ride in and see some of these fantactic cars that your Great Great Great Grandfather made, and learn many things about him that you might already not know. The club members have studied your GGG Grandfather for years and have cherished his cars in their personal collections like beloved children. Not only is the goal of the club to keep these treasures running and in the publics thoughts, but it is also to keep you GGG Granfather's name there too. If you have not you might consider joining the DMAC, and you would be able to keep up and learn some additional things about your GGG Grandfather and his auto's. You don't really need a Durant car or want one to be a member too! Give it some thought and we'd love to see you at the DMAC Fall Meet!

hi mike
Whatwould be the nearest large airport to the meet?
I hope we will be visiting some of the geat auto museums in the area.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 star touring

According to Mapquest the distance between Ft. Wayne Indiana and Auburn is almost 19 miles. The distance between Indianapolis, Indiana and Auburn is about 141 miles. Flights into Ft. Wayne are a bit more expensive, and you may or may not have to change planes in Indianapolis but your closer. Flights are cheaper into Indianapolis, but then you have about a 2 hour drive or so. I believe it would be mostly interstate though. That's the only two major airports serviced by most of the big cities unless you want to do the puddle jumper route. Anybody know of a closer airport say in Ohio or Illinois?

Ed
We are planning visits to all the auto museums including the ACD museum and the Kruse museum. There will also be tour to the WWII museum and a truck museum there. There will also be some driving routes planned, one that has a covered bridge in it, which would be a great photo shoot, and we are not going to forget the ladies, as we will have some tours for them also! I'm in the stages of initial negotiations for the museums now, but as I lock them in I'll let everyone know. The La Quenta hotel is very accomidating and has plenty of parking with additional parking across the street at the Walmart. The Manager has worked out overflow parking with the Manager of Walmart before. Plenty of Restaurants in the area etc. At the spring meet for the ECC in Cleveland in April we will ask for volunteers and appoint committees to work on all the loose ends. In the meantime if anyone out there would like to volunteer to help out, just call or email Frank Witkowski.

FYI
Mike-- Made my reservation today, after trying for two days. Tried yesterday 800 number couldn't make reservation. Talked today to Dianna Powell, problem with trying to reserve through Hotel reservation system, they cannot reserve any of the blocked rooms. Dianna said that all members should call direct to Hotel @ 260 920-1900 to make there reservations.
Ken Brink
P.S. Looking forward to Arburn.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 a22 Durant 4 Dr. Sedan

If anyone needs anything from someone that lives in Indiana just drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to help out.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2

Ken
Thanks for the information. Diana did not tell me we could not use the 800 number. So I'll have Rick take that off the Durant Events page. For those of you who even remotely think they may attend please get your reservation in. Frank and I as well as others behind the scenes are going to try and make this an event not to miss. We have some great things in the making including a very special night for club members attending the banquet. Rick and Frank, now don't let the cat out of the bag OK!

Hi Mike, I just made reservations for Annjean and myself.We are looking forward to a great meet and meeting new friends as well as old ones. We will see everyone in September. Bill

OK Durantonians Frank W and I have started the initial process of locking in hotels, working on caterers and other very special things for this meet. Won't have a price for registration for several months though, need to see what the total cost will be. I do need an approximate number of people who think they might attend so I can negotiate the best price with the catering companies. So let me know here on this forum. We won't hold you to it, but it would help. Going to be an event you will not want to miss for sure!

Mike:
Mary Carolyne and I hope to be there. We will be getting home from our summer trip out West the week end before, so will not have much time to get ready. However, we will be there if we possibly can.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

Mike -- Dorothy and I have plans on being there with our Durant Good Lord willing. Ken Brink

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 Durant

hello
the Kauffmans will be in Auburn...Marcia and Gary
for sure...don't know about friend Joe yet....

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and 63 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club