Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Electric water pump

I am converting my 6 cylinder Continental engine
over to 12 volts, and I would like to replace the
existing water pump to an electric pump.
Can someone tell me what type of pump I can use
and where I could get one from.
Thank You
Frank

Do You own a car built by Durant? I have a 1932 Durant Coupe

Re: Electric water pump

I have fitted a Davies Craig Pty Ltd. EWP Water pump to the 15L motor. My oil filter was already remounted off the Head and the EWP fits in the space where the oil filter is normally mounted. I made up a plate to take the inlet hose and this replaces the original pump. It would be possible to mount the EWP any where along the inlet (bottom) pipe and adapt hose to suit. Enquire locally at your parts store if they stock this item otherwise it is available from the manufacturers in Melbourne, Australia. Their email is;
info@daviescraig.com.au
Web; www.daviescraig.com.au
EWP Electric Water Pump
Flow rate 20 to 80 litres /minute; operating temperature -20degreesC to120degreesC; Pressure tested to 50psi.
They also sell a flow controller which they claim assists in the cooling process by regulating how much water passes according to the temperature. Check on their web site. I have interlinked mine to the electric fan so that the temperature sensor allows both the fan and pump to run on after switching off ignigtion. When cool both fan and pump stop. The pump starts with ignition but assists the cooling down by the fan by running on after switching off. This has sorted out some high temperature concerns I had, not boiling but close on hot summer days.
regards
Phil.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1929 D66 Deluxe Sedan

Re: Electric water pump

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORATION ON THE ELECTRIC
WATER PUMP. I AM GOING TO CHECK THAT WEB SITE
FOR A LOCAL DEALER, THAT SURE SOUNDS LIKE THE
PUMP THAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR.
FRANK LERSCH

Do You own a car built by Durant? I have a 1932 Durant Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club