Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leaside Plant address

Hello All- Does anyone have an address for the Leaside, Ontario plant? I live not far from there and I understand there is a commemeration plaque at the site. Would like to go and see it. Thanks in Advance.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M-2

Re: Leaside Plant address

Dennis it is just south of Eglinton on Laird.It was the old Canada Wire AND Cable building.Just south of Canadian Tire.[THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe model D40

The Canada Wire and Cable are long gone and several big box stores occupy the site where the factory was at Laird and Wicksteed. I'm not sure but I belive the offices were on the oppsite side of Laird and might still be standing. If you find out or find the plaque please let me know where. Thanks in advance

Hi Dennis, I emailed you a picture of the Leaside plant around 1928. I did have some more information on the plant but it was lost in a HD crash.

RonJ

Where Are You From? www:ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 4-07

The Durant Motors Automobile Club