Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant & Star Cars in the movies & on TV

Hi All....

It's cold & wintery up here. Cathy and I have been watching DVD's of the Canadian TV series "Wind At My Back" Our 1927 Star M four door appears in the show. If you are familiar with the series it is the episode titled "Back in my arms again" Which finished the first season. It is the car used by Hub & Fat to kidnap their little sister Violet. Even manages to out run a Model A Ford !!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I Think I've spotted George Gow's Frontensac in some of the street scenes also. Any body else have a car used in a Movie or TV ??

I know Lance said there was a Durant in Cinderella Man, I know there is also a Durant get away car in Bonnie & Clyde, The TV Movie "The man Who Saved Christmas" Had a Durant or Rugby truck in one dock scene. I think the movie "Time Cop" also used a Durant, but it was damaged when a body fell off a building onto it (Jeff had this written up in one of the old Standards)

Anybody else spot any of our cars out there? Where are they now ??....Frank
---

Do You own a car built by Durant? a dozen Durants & Stars cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Re: Durant & Star Cars in the movies & on TV

Hi All...

Just watched another episode, and there is a Rugby flat bed truck. It is used to repo a Model A Ford coupe.

Great close up shots, with the Rugby name very evident on the side of the hood. Also no mistaking that grill shell !!

Wonder where it is now ??

Stay tuned........Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Frank,
Do you suppose those cowl lights on your "M" are an add-on? I was under the impression that only the "R" series used the cowl lights.

always looking for more info,,,,,,,
Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Star Touring, '27 Star Coupe

Hi Don..

As far as I know this car is an original survivor. Only having been repainted some time in the 60's. I don't think it was ever apart. The outside door handles on this car are also different than on any of my other cars.

This is a very late production 1927 car, made at Leaside. The serial number is out of the listed range.

I don't think these lights were added to this car, these are bullet shaped just like the headlights.

I have a Star R Coach which has cowl lights that are drum shaped, but it is supose to be a 1925 model.

That's the fun with these cars, who knows what was original with them, it's good to be able to see complete original cars.....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

The Rugby flat bed truck is probably from Ron Fawcette's "Movie Cars" and is stored in or around Whitby ON. It was owned by Richard Parsons in the Bellville area until about 5 years ago.

Hi Jack....

Thanks for solving 2 mysteries for me. I went to Ron Fawcette's web site and there I found the Rugby truck, it is the one used in "Wind At My Back" and it is also shown repainted as it was in the "Man Who Saved Christmas" Very interesting collection of cars ! !

THANKS again.....Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? a dozen Durants & Stars cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

We own the Durant used in the movie Bonnie and Clyde

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 1929 D 63

I came across a picture in the Ball State collection, it was just a picture of a bunch of people gathered, but the heading stated it was a sceen from the movie "Muncie's Heros", where they used Durant autos to fake a crash scene. 1925? I was never able to find out anything about that movie, filmed in Muncie. Bob

Ha Frank what is Ron Fawcette's web site Thanks [THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe model D40

Hi Wolfman...

Ron Fawcett's web site is

www.fawcett-movie-cars.com

Very interesting site click on 1920's trucks to see the Rugby also remember to click on the picture for a larger picture as well as some additional info and pictures, the Rugby has been different colors.

Enjoy.....Frank ---

Ron Fawcett is a very interesting person., I have known Ron for over 50 years. He has been in the restoration business for most of that time. He specializes in Pierce Arrow cars now. At the present time he has five (5) Pierce Arrow restorations on the go. He also has many parts reproduced for Pierce's and Pierce Arrows and ships them all over the world. All this on top of his "Movie Car" business.Truly a very special guy.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club