Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
23 STAR TOURING OIL GUAGE.

NEED HELP
SEEMS THAT PHOENIX RESTORATIONS WHO HAS MY 23 STAR TOURING OIL PRESSURE GUAGE FOR REBUILDING HAD A PROBLEM. THE MAN WHO DID THE REBUILDS DIED. SEEMS ALL THE GUAGES ARE APART AND THEY CAN NOT IDENTIFY MY GUAGE, THEY ARE LOOKING FOR A PICTURE OF THE GUAGE IN ORDER TO FIND MY GUAGE, ANYBODY OUT THERE WITH A 23 STAR TOURING ABLE TO HELP ME OUT WITH A PICTURE? I AM ALSO STILL LOOKING FOR A HONEYCOMB RADIATOR FOR MY RESTORATION.

Re: 23 STAR TOURING OIL GUAGE.

I have a 25 Star Touring and can send you a picture from it if you'd like.

I just had my honeycomb radiator rebuilt. I had to send it to England and they used an "Auburn" style core. They did a good job but it cost a fortune. Since then, I located a U.S. source for honeycomb cores. They list the cores at about one fourth of what I paid for a rebulit radiator. It is a Chevy supplier but they say they'll make up custom cores. It's likely that there is a Chevy core that is interchangeable anyway. Their web address is http://fillingstation.com

Someone also gave me the name of a rebuilder in Southern California.

P.S. you'll want to replate the filler tube while you're at it.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Re: 23 STAR TOURING OIL GUAGE.

Ed what kind of picture do you need of the guage. I have a 23 I can take a picture of the dash area of the guage if this will help.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club