Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
good news

hello durantonians,
i am pleased to announce that i will be allowed to research freely in the PHILA. LIBRARY'S AUTOMOBILE COLLECTION... it is restricted access so it is quite a privilege and opportunity. i will check their files for all our cars including the frontenacs...they have productions figures, factory photos, and endless books on every auto related topic. ..including manuals and such for many cars. i bought a copier printer photo all in one thing by hewlett packard and will be copying my fingers to the bone to gather info for the parts guide project plus more.....i cannot wait for wednesday..my first day there....more later,

regards, gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durants...6-70 & 6-63

Re: good news

Gary,
How was that trip to the Philadelphia Library?

Yates

Re: good news

Gary:
Back in the early 70's I corresponded with the Philadelphia Free Library and received a couple of pictures of the Frontenac and some advertising. I wonder if they have acquired any more in the interval. Will be interested in hearing about your adventures.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Re: good news...is delayed news

sorry friends, flooding rains kept me away from center city phila. but i rescheduled for next wednesday...i will search for all of our cars info over the next several wednesdays...first durant and star then frontenac rugby and flint.. dort to follow them..sorry for the delat but the river drives going downtown were pond puddled....regards, gary k....

The Durant Motors Automobile Club