Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Desperatly looking for parts

I have a 1926 W5 engine that needs a new distributor and generator. It is gear driven off the passenger side of the motor.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star m coup

Re: Desperatly looking for parts

I own one, please e-mail me. I can send a picture or two.

Do You own a car built by Durant? No just parts

I have a 26 w5 motor complete that I saved . IT is complete and turns freely if you want it I want 150.00 can. for it.IT is indry storage on ST JOES ISLAND IN SOO ST MARIAE ONT. It is a converted marine engine.Call if you want to investigate. BRIAN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

I need a new distributor for a 1925 W5 as well. If more turn up, please let me know.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

I know of someone in mission BC who has 4 durant distributors I will check this out for you next week. I dont know what models they fit ;seems distributors are a rare item ;I'll purchase them if they are actually DURANTS - STAR items for members use BRIAN

Hello ANDY I cannot send you pics because the motor is 2500 miles away from my residence. THE MOTOR HAS SINCE MY POSTING SOLD . HOWEVER I WILL HAVE NEWS WITHIN 2 DAYS ABOUT A DISTRIBUTOR I:LL CHECK IT OUT AND BE IN TOUCH . I:LL COTACT MY FRIEND WHO BOUGHT THE MOTOR TO SEE IF HE WILL PART WITH THE GENE . BRIAN

HI ANDY THE MAN WITH THE DISTRIBUTORS IS AWAY I WILL KEEP TRYING BRIAN

Hello
just wanted to let everyone know that I will have
brand new billet aluminum distributor housings available by January or February both 4 and 6 cylinder.
Reserve one now so that I make enough.

Regards
Franz

Is there a source for the cap, points, and condenser for these distributers?

NADA sells tune up parts for Continental engines. Tell the counter person to look up the parts in their old car catalog, if they do not know already.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Model 60

Eliot,

On the Tech page under Tune up is a chart for the 1928-29 Distributors. I don't have number for the earlier ones, but have seen caps and rotor listed as interchangeable with the Indian 4 motorcycle of the 1930's. But I can't say for sure if that's true.

Napa carries caps and rotors, points for Auto-lite distributors and maybe someone will know if the 28-29 W5 caps will interchange with earlier units.

Rick

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/Tech/Durant%20Ignition%20Tune-up.PDF

Rick got it right. I misspeled NAPA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Model 60

I've also seen the caps & rotors for sail as NOS on Ebay from time to time.

Hi All.......

The NAPA parts are only replacements for the late model distributors that use the tear drop shaped rotor. The early models with the completely circular rotor are not available.

Also when using the NAPA parts be sure to use both a new cap and rotor, they don't interchange directly with the old parts, because they are different heights, but work fine when both new pieces are used.

As Rick & Mike said the early model parts do show up from time to time on ebay but be prepared for the high cost.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Just posted on Ebay is a Durant Rotor. Check it out.

Hi All.......

That's an example of the tear drop shaped rotor, still available from NAPA.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Fabrico repuestos nuevos para Rugby-Durant.Escribir a nicolas_scaparone@yahoo.com.ar

Nick Says he fabricates Durant & Rugby parts too. Send him an email for information. (Rough translation)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club