Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Found a Durant parts car. Need help to identify it.

Fellow Members,
I took a look at a Durant car, the grill looks like a '28 or'29 model. The owner said it is a '27 although no cars were manufactured that year. The e ngine is a 15L with a bell housing. This car would be a parts only car and is located south of Issaquah, Washington. Car can be had cheap. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 Nodel 60 Delux 4Dr. Sedan

Re: Found a Durant parts car. Need help to identify it.

Bruce,
I also talked with the owner of that car although I did not go and look at it...The owner said he was almost certain that the car was manufactured in Canada if that would help identify it...Bill

Hi Bruce
Models that have 15L with bell housing are 63,65 and 66. 66 would have 4 speed box. Some commercial lines could also be 15L equiped
Sid

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Thank You Sid,

I guess I should pick this one up and drag it home. It will look good sitting in my driveway until I get it parted out.

Any chance this car has wire wheels?

Dave

Sorry Dave, The car has wood spoked wheels. If they were wire I would have grabed them for spares for my car. Bud split rim wire wheels are hard to come by.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1929 Durant model 60 DeLux 4 door sedan.

Need a leaf spring for our 1929 Durant. Right Front Leaf Spring and a rear bumper.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant De-luxe 4 Dr. Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club