Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back from the Annual Meeting!

What a great meeting again! Haven't been to one yet I haven't liked. Met a great bunch of people, and made many many new friends. All you that could not make it, make sure you check out the picture section in a week or two when pictures start to get posted. Great memories were made for sure!

Re: Back from the Annual Meeting!

Hi All..

Got to agree with Mike, it was fantastic ! Got to meet many old friends, put faces to folks I've only met by phone and email and met some totaly new people.

Had a great time. Got to thank Ralph and Judy for lettting me ride in their Durant.

The Canadian chapter deserves a great big

WELL DONE A !

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? a dozen Durants & Stars

Hello to all... Wanted to thank everyone for a great time at the Friday evening meeting. Within the first couple of minutes, you could tell how well organized the meet was and how interested all the members were in the entire event. I say "3 Thumbs up" for Gord Curl and the entire Canadian Chapter(applause).

Great to meet the people who came all the way from Austrialia, putting faces to names, meeting other friends again and let's not forget about meeting our Webmaster/President Rick Botti who came in from California. I'm sure Rick will fill the web with many pictures soon!

Next... What a wonderful collection of pictures and information brought by the many members and freely displayed on the tables for everyone to see. There most certainly was no lack of interesting conversation as the members scanned through these items! And let's not forget Franz Fraitzl and his excellent demonstration of the high quality workmanship and upgrading of many of the cars problem parts. He has used new technoligy, better material and common sense to help "BULLETPROOF" these parts for better service and realibilty.

This much fun... and I was only there for one evening. There might be bigger clubs out there, but I dare anyone to tell of a better one!

I would just like to state that it was an honour for the Ontario Chapter to host the Annual meeting of our club. The members that attended made the weekend successful. We could not have done it without you. Thank you to all the members who brought cars. We had a total of 10 cars attend. A super weekend. Sorry that we had the automatic car wash for Saturday morning, but hey, those cars were made to run in the rain.
Once again, thanks to the committee of Phil and Gwen Foster, and George and Joan Gow. You made my job easy.
I hope everyone made it safely home.
Gord.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

CUDOS FOR GORDON AND THE MRS. FOR A GREAT JOB OF ORGANIZATION. ALL WAS GREAT AND VERY EXCITING. MY THANX TO STEVE AND CATHIE COMPTON FOR THE 1927 STAR RIDE AND ALL THE HELP GETTING MY LARGE SELF IN AND OUT OF THE CAR. HAHA. MY BUDDY JOE LOVED THE RUMBLE SEAT OF THE WEIRSMA"S CABRIOLET. WE HAD A GREAT TIME.
MEETING GRAHAM AND JUNE MOCK FROM "DOWN UNDER" WAS A REALLY SPECIAL TREAT. THEY ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE. I AM HAPPY TO CALL THEM, AND ALL THE NEW PEOPLE I MET DURANT FRIENDS.
REGARDS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 - 1929 DURANTS

To everyone who couldn’t attend this year’s meet in Fort Erie, Ontario, I just want to say that Gordon Curl and his committee of Phil & Gwen Foster, George and Joan Gow put on a SUPER meet and tour. It was nonstop fun with nice people. I miss it already.

Thank You Gord, thank you very much.

Rick Botti

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Roadster

What else can I say..... A great meet, great friendly people, beautiful waterfalls, (even though I missed the lights , good food and fun. As usual, it was like being with family, our durant family. Many thanks to all the hard work. I know we are tought ones to keep on a schedule, but you kept larry in line and on time....

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 75, 1927 Star M Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club