Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
star sedan for sale on ebay...1924 2 door

hey durantonians, a star 2 door sedan is for sale cheap on ebay...item #250011413676...ebay motors collector cars under 1939 or earlier section
...first bid requested $510.

Re: star sedan for sale on ebay...1924 2 door

I am now the proud owner of this car. Turns out that it is a 1925 2 door sedan (coach), any way that is what the information at durantcars.com would leave me to believe. It was last driven in 1950 at Miles Montana when it broke down. The owner I bought it from wanted the spare tire off of it and paid $15.oo for it in on the condition that he took the whole car. It has been stored indeside since 1962 or 63. Over the year minimal effort had been made to restore it. so some items like the doors were removed but still with the car. The wood needs to be replaced, interior is all but gone just enogh scrapes to get an idea of the pattern. But most everything is there, I hope. I have lots of questions. The first being is there a source for engine parts? What color was the engine?

Re: star sedan for sale on ebay...1924 2 door

Elliot
You definately have a project ahead of you, but with the help of the DMAC, and you will get help, you can complete the project. Just take one step at a time and don't get disheartened. If you check out the tech page and the special interest page of this web site you will see the proper engine color. Do a search or look back on this forum and you can find members who have the proper paint color formula available. And the most important part is if you haven't joined the club yet, you can go to the Durant Store on your left and pay for membership. The Magazine will give you many many contacts you can use. Best of luck to you.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club