Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still looking for my Star

Hi - I’m Moe Wright, of the ‘Searching For The Star of My Life’ in the ‘Personal Stories’ under the ‘Durant Links’ page. It’s several years since my story first appeared, and I am still wondering if my first love has a good home somewhere, probably in the southern Ontario area of Canada. I always understood my car to have been a ‘26 four door Star sedan, and I think I remember the radiator crest indicating it was made in Chicago, Ill. In short, the few things that might distinguish it as mine would include: a welding scar/bead across/under the top inside of the right front fender; bullet-shaped pedestal-type tail lights added to rear fenders and re-wired with the front running lights to work as directional signals from under-dash toggle switches; possibly an old tube type radio in a big under-dash box with a bullet-shaped dial clamped to the steering column and choke cable-like volume and stations controls from the dial to the radio. It's always possible some or all of the above charateristics may have been changed or removed over the years. If anyone in southern Ontario, or anywhere, runs into such an animal I’d love to hear from them - I could give them some more historical info re the first six owners of the car from 1926 through 1961. You can reach me at moewright@sympatico.ca .

Do You own a car built by Durant? Used tp

The Durant Motors Automobile Club