Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1928 Durant 2dr coupe Tire pressure

Can any one tell me the correct tire presure for my coupe.Also anybody have a spare service manuel.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby Model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe

Re: 1928 Durant 2dr coupe Tire pressure

hi,
i don't recall the pressure but i just bought a set of chevy wire wheels from a 1933 sedan . if you need it i can send a few cans of vintage air from the 1933 tires.
of course the price would be adjusted to 1933 price levels less "inflation" adjustment. now that is a good laugh i hope, gary k

Dave:
I would think about 35 lbs of pressure. Those are the same tires as on a Model A. There is no reference in any of the manuals that I have regarding tire pressure. I guess they just pumped them up until they looked right. I run my Frontenac at 35 lbs. and they are 5.50 x 18 tires.
Are you going to be able to bring your car down to Fort Erie for the Annual meeting and Tour? We would sure love to have you. See "Durant Events" for information and to print off a registration form.
Gord

Thanks Gord for the info the pressure in them now is only 15 lbs.I will pump them up and maybe get better gas mileage.HA HA. Yes to your question on the meet in Sept.My wife and are looking forward to it. THANKS AGAIN [THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby Model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe

15 lbs is a little low. Sure would be a mushy ride. That is one sweet coupe that you bought.
Dave, you should get confirmation of your Hotel room before August 21 as the hotel will not hold the block of rooms after that date. Call 1 - 888 - 269 - 5550 to book the room.
You can print the registration form off the web site, or wait until you get the June Partner. There should be a flyer insert in the magazine.
Gord.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club