Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Annual meeting event - Sept 21 - 24/06

Hey folks:
Time to get your registrations in for this event. We have blocked 20 rooms at the Hotel in Fort Erie. I was there on Friday, and there were only (5) five rooms booked. The hotel will only hold this booking until August 21, 2006 (30 days prior to the event) So in order to cash in on this great rate ($99.00 per night) get your reservations in now. If we don't get 20 rooms booked, we may not have a "Hospitality Room" set up as part of our package.
I understand the new "Partner" will be mailed out shortly, and there will be a flyer in side with the registration form to send to our registrar with your registration fee. This is separate to the Hotel registration.
I know that many of you have promised me you will attend, so don't let me down.

Re: Annual meeting event - Sept 21 - 24/06

Gordon,
I have already reserved my room for two at the hotel and will send in the club form reservation as soon as I get the form in the mailing/newsletter. I am looking forward to seeing the great Canadian Durant cars and to meeting some of the older members. Some I believe go back to the original Durant-Star club. Hope to see you there.
Regards, Gary k

I made my reservations and that is a very good price, just ask for the Durant Motors Club rate.

The "Hospitality Room" has always been the best part of these meetings. It's where we meet, talk, joke and share out experiences.

It well worth making your reservations now.

Rick

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/Additions/Oakland-tour/OAK-TOUR.htm

The phone number for the Hotel is
1 - 888-269 - 5550 Be sure to mention "Durant Motor Group" to get the $99.00 rate.

Our registration fee is $45.00 per person. That covers the banquet on the Saturday evening and other incidental costs of running the event.

Your registration form can be printed off from this web page. Look under "Durant Events" and it is an attachment to the Annual Meeting notice.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Gord;
Is there going to be plenty of room at the Holiday Inn for all of our Members Auto Trailer parking and Tow vehicles.??

I would love to have so many cars and trailers that we create a problem. I was there on the weekend and they appeared to have plenty of room. We were there in 1998 with the Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada and we had about 85 cars. No problem.
Just get those registrations in. I get nervous when I think we could lose money on the deal if not enough people sign up.

Gord

unfortunately i could not download the registration form..will have to wait for letter....will send it then....gary k

Gary,

No need to wait, I just emailed you the form in MSWord format as most forms on the website are in PDF format. However, I just added an option in MSWord format to the 2006 Meet page.

Rick

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/devaux/DMAC/Durant/1929%20Durant%20M4%20Coupe/index.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Roadster

Larry and I are making our reservations tomorrow.... Sorry, but we can not afford to bring the Durant, we brought it to Williamsburg and broke the Diesel bank
Cant wait to see everyone!!
~Carol

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 75 Sedan, 1927 Star M Touring, and others in bits and pieces :)

Gord just to let you know my wife and I have book our room and we will be bringing my 1928 durant 2dr coupe.Looking forward to the meet.THANKS IN ADVANCE [THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby Model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe

Louis Quenneville tells me he will be at the AGM and hopes to bring his most recent restoration project ; a woody.

Hi everyone, Well I just made reservations at the hotel and will be sending my registration in shortly. I will be coming alone as I have to leave my wife home to work (I have to pay for this trip somehow)I will not be bringing my car but I am looking for a possible ride in another great Durant product. I will see everyone in a few weeks.

Just got home after being away for six weeks. First week on an antique car tour, and the last five with the motor home touring Quebec and the Gaspe. My brother in Law kept the Frontenac for us while we were in Quebec and had the misfortune to break an axle. We removed the old one last night, and today had new bearings pressed on a replacement axle. Will have the car up and running for the meet.
We will be at the "Barrie Automotive Flea Market" for the rest of this week. Next week we fly to Halifax for a convention, but will be home in time for the meet. We have quite a few folk registered for the event. Hope YOU will be there!!!!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

I'm sending out my registration form via Airmail. How are most of you paying for the banquet via Check or Money order since it's in Canada. Can they take a US check?

Mike, I paid with a US check and it processed fine.

Rick

Looking forward to seeing you all!! We have been out of town for quite awhile and I did forget to send in my Money for the event, I will send it off ASAP!!
Thank goodness I did reserve the room

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 75 Sedan

Hi Folks:
To date we have 22 rooms booked at the Hotel. Joan has had 16 registrations. Some have not paid yet. We have a total of 34 people registered so far and I believe that there are six registrations that the hotel has that Joan does not have at this time.
I think we will have hopefully about 9 cars at the event.
See you all there.
Gord.

Gordon

Peg and I went through the same issues in 2004 when we hosted the DMAC here in NJ.

While I know that it is frustrating, the "show" will come together for you next weekend.

We wish you a great annual meeting, and we are sad that we cannot be there, but other activites are taking us on a 7000 mile journey during the next two weeks.

charlie

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi All.........

I'll be getting in on Thursday See you all there......

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? a dozen Star and Durant cars 1922 to 1931

Hello everybody! I am writing this note to tell all my friends and the Canadian Organizers that I can only make it to this event from Friday afternoon until Saturday afternoon! It makes me sad to miss all of the great events that are planned, but I am still looking forward to meeting evrybody at the banquet and putting faces with names!

HEY HEY...MY BUDDY JOE AND I WILL ARRIVE FOR DINNER THURSDAY...CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE CROWD AND MAKE NEW DURANT FRIENDS.
REGARDS, GARY KAUFFMAN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 - 1929 DURANTS

I'll be arriving in the early afternoon and looking forward to meeting everyone. BTW, is anyone bring a video camera?

Rick

Best wishes to all attendees. While you are enjoying your meet I will be participating in the bi-annual "Bay to Birdwood" rally held near Adelaide in South Australia. Approximately 1700 vehicles travel from all over Australia to go in this rally. I hope to meet up with a few other Durant/Rugby owners and will send photos to the editor hopefully for inclusion in a future issue of our magazine.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1929 D66 Special Sedan

We will see you all Thursday afternoon!! I hear a cold front is moving in, all you warm blooded types should make sure you bring some warm clothing!!

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 75, 1927 Star M Touring

I also will be arriving sometime Thursday afternoon. I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. Cool weather won't be so bad as long as it stays dry. I'll see everyone soon. Bill

Hi folks:
Will be glad to see all there for the Annual meeting Friday evening, Tours and Banquet Saturday evening.

Now for a problem. When Will was putting together the distributor for his 1922 A22 Durant, he found that he does not have the clips to hold the distributor cap on. We did not have an original distributor, but bought one of the new billet aluminium ones with the end plate from Mr. Baraldi.
If someone has a spare set of clips, I would be pleased to buy them.
Gord.

Hi Gord.

do you have dimensions of the clips that you need? I may have some that will work.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? Have a dozen

Frank:
We measured from the bottom of the hole on the distributor, where the roll pin goes through, to the indent on the side of the cap where the clip snaps over. The distance is just shy of 1 5/8 inches

Gord.

Hi Gord..

No luck on those clips. Do you think you could modify some existing longer clips? If they were shortned and the pin hole rerolled that might work.

I'll bring some reproduction ones with me..

See you on Thursday........

Frank

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Stars 1922 through 1931

Frank:
Not sure if you can re roll that spring steel, but we can try. See you Thursday. Will you be staying for the Banquet Saturday evening and will you be bringing your wife?
Gord

I'll be leaving for Fort Erie, in a few hours, and will be unable to answer emails, update the website, etc until I return home early next week.

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting those that I've corresponded with over the years.

Rick

Hi everyone.Iam sorry to say my wife and I will not be able to attent the meet this weekend. I have had several strokes in the past couple of weeks. Iam not out of the woods yet.Still doing test and lots of meds.I was looking forward to this weekend to meet everyone.Again Iam very sorry we can't attend.Hope everyone has lots of fun.[THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe model D40

A PRAYER FOR THE WOLFMAN

Dave,
Sorry to hear of your troubles...marcia and I will light a candle for your 100% complete and rapid recovery.
We will miss you at the show but rest and recovery is more important..regards, GARY KAUFFMAN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 - 1929 DURANTS

Hi Dave:
Sorry to hear that you will not be able to make it. We will keep you in our prayers.
Gord

The Durant Motors Automobile Club