Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC radiator badge

No news about this subject?

Best regads and congratulations to new authorities.

Ricardo

Re: DMAC radiator badge

Your right Ricardo, and I am curious also.
I think Mike has to finish checking the designs and how they can be made most economically. Then he will need to present his report to the executive with an idea of the economics of going ahead with this project. Maybe at our Sept. meeting in Fort Erie. Mike will make it right.

Which one got the most votes?

Sorry folks I'm out of the country in the United Kingdom until Sunday the 2nd of July. I will tally the results and let you know which one is winning so far.

Here's the tally of the votes. Only 32 members choose to cast their vote either by email or by mail. Of the votes the License Plate topper took the winning vote instead fo the radiator badge. I will also print this in the next Partner

Winning design with 7 votes cast was #6 design by Carol Fogarazzo

2nd place design was #21 by Bob Smith

and a tie for 3rd place was #14 & #22

I want to thank all the members who showed an interest in their club to take the time to send in a drawing, and also take the time to vote. Needless to say I was disapointed in the turnout of votes only 32 out of 400 members. I will wait for the Club Officers to deside where they want to go with this now.

Members here's an update on the project. I have taken Carol's design and shipped it to about 5 manufacturers who make up these club badges. I am currently getting the prices back in, and set up fees etc. I will let Lance and Rick know the pricing once I get all of them in. So be patient, I'm still working on them. I've even gone to India and Thailand to get prices.

Thanks for your efforts Mike. Looking fwd to the results. See you at The AGM in beautiful downtown Fort Erie

hello
i am awaiting the badges with great anticipation. carol's design is beautiful and will show nicely on our cars so that our club members can proudly display our club name on the cars we drive. i hope every one will order at least one per car owned so that we can support this great club. count me in for at least two.
regards, gary k

Hello Everyone. A little explanation here as to what is going on with us trying to get some of these license plate toppers made up. Mike pitched some prices to us that we felt were too high so I ask him to try an India company that had made a contact with me at about one quarter the price of the companies here in the US. So I forwarded the info to Mike and he has sent them $25.00 for a sample. And they use Paypal so we felt safe to at least try. So when we get the sample and it looks acceptable we will proceed with an order. We are afraid if they are to high priced they will not sell. I actually would like four of them one for each of my Durant cars. So we are working on the project. Faithfully. Lance Haynes

Do You own a car built by Durant? only 5 right now

I will require three.

Thanks

Ricardo

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Put me down for one , can't wait to see them. While I am writing ,congratulations to all the new committee members and thanks to all those who have served us so well in the past.
regards Barry

Latest Post on this issue
I've sent the company enough funds for them to manufacture 25 to start and they have promised to have them to me in time for me to bring them to the Canada meet with me. The problem we had as Lance said earlier in this post was that we were dealing with a foreign company (No offence to our out of country members!) The best bid on prices was from a company in India that would allow these to be sold to members at a reasonable rate, while still making some money for our club. Not having a business relationship established I was real hesitant in sending in excess of $200 to someone without any way to confirm that they did not take the money and run. I have been provided a picture of the prototype and it was acceptable to Lance and Rick, so We've gone for it. When they arrive and if the quality is acceptable to all, then it will be easier to place another order for more. They will be offered on the Durant Store web site. Let's hope for the best!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club