Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exhaust system, fan belt, shock absorber

In reference to my ongoing restoration project of a 1929 Model 60, I am in need of some source info. Saw listing on service directory for Burton Waldron as a supplier for exhaust systems, however the phone number listed was not functional. Does anyone have his corect phone number or a source for an exhaust system particularly the muffler. Also I need fan belt for 14L engine. Lastly, I need a source for the shock absorber webbing, original was approx. 1" wide.
Thanks in advance for any information!

Re: Exhaust system, fan belt, shock absorber

Dennis,

As one source for shock absorber webbing, Restoration Supply Company now in Escondido, CA (1-800-306-7008) have snubber belt listed in their catalogue, they list sizes from 1/14" to 2" width and all are 3/16" thick....Bill

Re: Exhaust system, fan belt, shock absorber

Hi Dennis,

Someone elso had recently purchased an exhaust system from Burton Waldron and posted to the forum about it. So I checked the phone number and got the same response you did, a message stating that it was no longer in service. I became worried that the business was no more, I also purchased an Exhaust system from Burton for my model 60 a couple of years ago, and have been very pleased with it. So I wrote a letter to the address listed and received a phone call this morning from Mrs. Waldron, she said that their area code was changed to 269 and they are still in business. I'll update the website later this week.

Their number now is (269) 467-7185.

Rick Botti

Where Are You From? www.cars-on-line.com/20650.html

The Durant Motors Automobile Club