Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tillotson Carburetor

Does anyone have a source for a rebuild kit for a 1929 Tillotson Model S-4-C carburetor.
Thanks in advance for any information provided.

Re: Tillotson Carburetor

If your car is a "driver", you might want to consider purchasing one of the new modern Zenith carbs from Frank Witkowski. They're worth every penny!

Dave

Dennis,

Several years ago, when I got my 29 Durant 60, I tried to find someone to rebuild the Tillotson and couldn't. What I did find is that they are not very safe, so rebuild kits stopped being produced years ago. Like most of the members of the club, the road finally took me to the Zenith carb. I got one and have been very happy with it. I know that many club members use them and the feed-back has always been good. Hope this helps.

Gary

Where Are You From? Atlanta

Thanks for all the response to this posting. I have ordered a new carb. from Frank, however I would still like to operate the vehicle with the carb. Durant installed. After disassembling my carb. all the brass and internal parts are in perfect condition, however the main housing is cracked where the main needle valve assembly screws into the bottom of the carb. I am in need of this housing or a complete carb., but must be original Tillotson.
Thanks!

Dennis,

I have a couple of old Tillotson's that I will give you if you'll pay the shipping. I have no idea if they are any good, but maybe with the one you have and the two I'll give you, you can make one good one. Be aware that they are very fire prone. Just email me directly gwwarden@comcast.net.

Gary

Where Are You From? Atlanta

The Durant Motors Automobile Club