Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'23 Star parts

I have a Star engine & trans. It has been sitting in the woods for 60+ yrs in a chassis. This is nothing to get exited about- the timing cover was broken to steal the mag and the carb and starter and generator are gone. The block had been cracked and the car was driven to where it is. It was a cut down farm truck with a saw rig mounted on the bed. I have the driveshaft with belt pulley on it. They would drive into the woods, remove the rear u-joint and put the shaft up into a pillow block to run the saw. My dad said it ran good, but froze and cracked a cylinder(?). The cast parts are probably usable. The trans has been inside since I took it out around 1960. It works. I hate to see such rare stuff go to waste like this. Please let me know if you folks have any interest in it. I won't destroy it.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club