Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

G'day all,
I'm a recently converted enthusiast from Australia. I bought 3 Rugbys (2 x 24's and a 28 tourer) about 18 months ago in a job lot complete with stacks of spares from a gentleman who'd been collecting bits and pieces for over 20 years for the restorations which never commenced.All cars are in unrestored condition but have been stripped down.
I was pleasantly surprised to find this site and encouraged after reading through a bit of the material on it.I haven't started anything on the cars,and probably won't for a while yet,but I've bookmarked this place and look forward to researching and resourcing through it in the future.
Cheers.

Re: Newbie

Hi Greg
I am located in the uk and these guys have been a great help to me, I have a 29 M40 roadster Rugby.
Its a great club and I would recomend you join . Hope to talk with you again .
I lived in oz for 13 years at Port Maquarie.
Regards Barry

Goodday
Great to here of more Rugbys,I have a 1924 model F tourer which I restored some 30 or so years ago which is driven regualy. I would be interested to here the story about your Rugbys
Cheers
Rob Bruce

Hi All
I'm from Argentina and i have 2 Rugby Touring 1928 and 1929
Rugby was the "export line" of Durants cars with few differences between Rugby's and Durant's or Star's
It´s important to share experiences with others

best regards

Welcome to the world of Durant motorcars Greg, I think you'll find a very helpful group of people here.

Rick

Welcome aboard and let us know if you need any help.
Jan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club