Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
10th Annual Durant Gathering

Has everyone who can make it registered for this event yet. Location is near the EAST end of LAKE ONTARIO---June 23 to 25
Expect a minimum of 10 Durant products
including Rugby, Durant, Star.
See the Events section for info...

Re: 10th Annual Durant Gathering

How many of the members who faithfully read this forum daily are planning on attending the "Durant Gathering" in Picton, Ontario. Mary Carolyne and I will be there with our 1932 Frontenac. I have heard of a few that will be attending. Possibly 10 cars or so. Post your name and let us know. You will not be disappointed. The group working on this event are a great group of guys and girls. - Wayne, Richard, Doug, Jean and all. This is a great area of Ontario.
Gord.

Someone was commenting on a 1933 Durant Sedan that should attend one of our events. There will be a 1933 Durant RS Cpe at the Ontario gathering. I'll be there to see it ----Will you???
See the events section for details.

Hello clubmates,
I am hoping to be able to get away for the September meet.Marcia is not able to get away at that time but if I can find some travel mates perhaps I can join the group. It would be great to meet some of those early clubbers who were with me when we had the original Durant-Star Owners Club. Many were from Canada.
Regards, Gary Kauffman

My wife and I will be there with our 1930 4-07, hope to arrive Friday afternoon.

I've been waiting to receive a map or exact instructions on how to get there.

Sounds like it's going to be a super weekend!!!!

RonJ

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

Ron & Others:
Anyone wishing instructions or a map, go to "Mapquest" and key in your address and the Hotel address and voila - a complete set of instructions, corner by corner will appear. This is the best website that I know of.
Hope to see a great number of people. We have blocked off 20 rooms under "Durant Motors" so please use this name when registering at the Hotel. It is important so that you can get the discounted room rate of $99.00 per night and also if we have the complete 20 rooms for each night we will have the hospitality room provided at no cost to us.
GO DURANTS GO

Gord, are you talking about Fort Erie or Picton meet? For Picton, I've already booked a room at Angeline's in Bloomfield which I'm told is close to Jacks. If you're talking Picton, I had no idea that rooms were being held at a hotel.

RonJ

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

To Gary , Ron, Gord and others----The Gathering is our ,Ontario group spring event. It is to be held at Picton, ON ,this year June 23- 25. That is at the East end of Lake, Ontario.
Bloomfield is really close Ron.
The Sept. event is the DMAC, annual general meeting in the Niagara area.
See "Durant events "section.

Sorry about the mix up fellows: We have two events running this year and I just got all fouled up. Thanks Jack for pointing the error of my ways.

June 23 - 25 - Durant Gathering, Picton Ontario.
(Jean Lester is handling registrations)

Sept 21 - 24 - DMAC Annual Meeting, Fort Erie, Ontario (Joan Gow is handling registrations)
(20 rooms have been blocked off at Holiday Inn Fort, Erie.

See the "Durant Events" on this web page and click to get additional information.

Hope to see you all at both events.

We are recent owners of a 1930 Durant 407 Deluxe Sedan and will be visiting the Lesters on Sunday only. We are not members of the club yet, but we look forward to meeting others owners of these fine automobiles.

I just heard of another 1929 Durant that will be coming out of long term storage this weekend. This time the car is in a barn in the Belleville area. The new owner hopes (providing that he does not run into problems getting the car loaded, etc) to drop in to the Picton meet on the weekend. Maybe Saturday.
Hope to see a great crowd. Come, and bring your car, your hopes, or pictures. We will welcome you.

Hi Gord I got your message about this weekend.i would love to bring down my brand new car 1928 Durant 2Dr. coupe.HA HA New to me any way.I will be unable to stay for the weekend maybe friday night and saturday as I have a fishing tournament on lake simcoe on sunday.THANKS IN ADVANCE.[THE WOLFMAN].P.S. do you still have that rad shell we talked about for my 1928 Rugby model x truck.

dAVE:
The rad shell is gone. I saw three up at Barrie this year.

Gord

The Durant Motors Automobile Club