Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Durant/Star/Flint dealership buildings

Anyone aware of any old Durant/Star or Flint dealership buildings still standing in the US? I know Frank W. has been collecting the names and addresses of the dealerships that members have been sending, but has anyone seen a still standing showroom building? Anything in the mid-west? How about the East?. Some of the old car dealerships from the 20's were real ornate, and might be located in the old downtown sections.

Re: Old Durant/Star/Flint dealership buildings

Not that many years ago that the Leaside plant in what is now part of Toronto was torn down. I believe a Home Depot, amongst other things, stands there now. I do have a picture/drawing of the old plant which was taken many years ago.

RonJ

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

Re: Old Durant/Star/Flint dealership buildings

Thanks Ron, but I'm particularly interested in actual sales dealerships. I'm sure there are some still standing out there other than in California.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club