Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nearly Duked

Be careful all you that use PayPal...We were emailed a comfirmation form from (service@paypal.com) that we had made a $410.55 USD payment using Paypal, this thing listed all the cart and shipping information on an individual and looked exactly like a payment had been made from our account...Then the form had a click-on to dispute the transaction which took you to another PayPay information page which looked exactly like the PayPal update that they have you occasionaly fill out...This thing had us going right down to where they had inserted an additional block wanting our Debit card and PIN...We called PayPal and they said to forward it to them or delete it....Be carefull them little basterd*&%#ds are getting good at ripping people off.....Bill

Re: Nearly Duked

GOOD CATCH BILL,YOUR RIGHT THEY ARE GETTING VERY SHARP.BILL I AM RESTORING MY 23 TOURING AND I NEED A HORN RING. I REMEMBER YOU POSTED SOMETHING ON AN EARLIER POSTING ABOUT HORN RINGS.DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE OR ANYTHING THAT I COULD USE?
THANKS IN ADVANCE
ED VOMERO

Bill:
Sure glad that you caught that. I had a similar situation only my letter purported to have originated by eBay. When they asked for my banking info, I got a little edgy and sent it to eBay.
These crooks will try anything. What have they got to lose.

Eddie,

Look at ebay item # 4622148036 This is the horn button assembly that is for a model R Hupmobile, there is a fellow in Austraila that is reproducing them, it looks similar to my "23 Durant switch...Measure the pocket in your spark lever where the horn button clamps...The measurement for the Hupp is 1" dia. X 5/8" deep possiably the Hupp will fit the Durant...Bill

When you get suspicious emails from Ebay or Paypal don't answer them or click any "links". Forward the emails to either spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com they will send a reply in a very short time indicating whether the email is real or a fake. It also helps them hunt the jerks down and hopefully stop them.

Dave

Dave, that sounds like good advice...Another thing that I forgot to mention is that If you do open one of these things you should go in and change your password, it is probably a good idea to change that occasionaly anyway...Bill

The Durant Motors Automobile Club