Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant promotional pocket watch.....OLD!!

I was just doing a web search on Durant as I have an Elgin pocket watch from the 20's. That I am in the process of restoring.
The watch appears to be a promotional item commissioned by Durant and was probably given to a dealership owner or Durant executive.
The watch is a 12 size gents watch with 17 jewels and is marked Durant on the dial....but the unusual thing about the watch is that the movement plates have been GOLD PLATED and stamped on the plates it reads "DURANT, THE CAR OF CLASS".
I collect and repair watches....not cars.
I have seen numerous watches with say Ford or Chevy etc. on the dial, but never one that has had the movement plates finish removed and then heavy gold plated and stamped.
If anyone is interested in seeing or buying this watch I will be happy to send pics.
I feel it should be in the pocket of a Durant owner instead of my watch collection.
davebolls@sbcglobal.net

The Durant Motors Automobile Club