Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stop Light/Turn Signals for Safety sake.

Since people today do not realize that these Old Cars do not stop as quick as the more Modern ones. We need to give them advance notice of what we are going to do. Because of this I installed a dual element bulb in my Tail Light. To get it to work I used a rocker arm Micro switch attached to the floor board just above the Brake arm that curves down through the floor. On the turn Signals I purchased a control unit from a Model A parts Co. this unit has an Emergency flasher control also on it.I placed Amber lights on the Front and Red on the Back. As we all know todays Drivers do not understand hand signals. They just think that we are waving at them.

Re: Stop Light/Turn Signals for Safety sake.

Ken: I plan on doing a complete seriew of articles on how to make a wireing harness, add stop lights and turn signals so you are ahead of me. I would like to see how you did it if you have pictures. I have put them on a Studebaker, Model T ford and now the Star and my Dodge.
Thanks
Jan

I'd love to see more on the subject and learn how to install better brake lights on my car.

Rick

Ric: did you every think about getting a used stop light from the highway department and hanging it on the back of the car. Just kidding but I will talk about third brake lights in my article.
Jan

Jan - I took a photo of the Micro switch for the Brake light showing location. It is a simple hook up. Fused hot line to switch, Switch to rear Tail/Stop light which is grounded. As I had mentioned in the other post I had installed a dual contact in my light. I forgot to mention that on my 1923 my Light is in the center of my spare Tire which puts it up higher in view. I will mail photo to you with a photo of my Turn signal switch. Please E-Mail me your address.
Ken Brink

modelt1916.yahoo.com

The Durant Motors Automobile Club