Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What information do you want to see in the magazine

Ok. I would like for everyone to chime in and tell me what subject of articles you would like to see in the magazine. There was a time when a lot of people asked for specific information but that time seems to have passed. Two subjects I am working on are one, how to install turn signals on your car and two a discussion of types of tyres (clincher vs stright side) and how to install them. So what type of information would you like to see.
Thanks
Jan

Re: What information do you want to see in the magazine

I would like to see more " how-to" articles.
How to restore: which can be about some small part or a much longer article on a more complex area of restoration that might take 4 issues to cover.
Many members are not on the internet---this is one way to keep them interested in the club and for the club to be usefull to the members.
Also information on upgrades to various parts [such as you refer to] or general information that will help people like me to know more about what I am doing and therefore help to maintain my interest in working on the cars.
Thank you for asking. !!!

how about a few charts that list the specific equipment...engine model, carb type, etc. for each model and year of our cars.

I'm thinking along the same lines as Garry, Perhaps you could do a feature on each model of vehicle within the Durant family of vehicles at one per issue. Requesting all members to send in any details,photos, published material from manuals or books, and also any specific knowledge they have about that vehicle by publishing what vehicle will be featured in your next issue, so they have plenty time to respond.

Jan,

To my supprise I have found that neither the early Durant or Star has a stop light circuit, the wiring diagrams in our teck page show that Star had a circuit in '27 and Durant in 1929, I have brand X cars from 1918 that have a stop light....Perhaps a stoplight switch (mechanical)and circuit could be touched on in your turn light conversion topic....Or, it may be that since these old cars don't stop anyway that a stop light is not needed...I think maybe Billy was smarter then we give him credit....Appreciate what you are doing...Bill

Now that is what I like to see suggestions. Several times it has come up about people not being on the internet and it is a very valid point. Since a lot of the information that has been put together to the tech page is directly transferable to the magazine I see no reason not to do it. I have a lot already in word format and will send to Jackie. I like the idea of featuring one model each month and may consider doing it in additon to my column. We see what happens here. Bill as you know whith your new brand X Durant was not the only one to forget a brake light and my new project will have one. I put one on my Moon. It will also have emergency flashers. Frank tells me he has a unit fit for Durants and I am going to take a look at it. Lets keep this string going.
Thanks
Jan

Jan---Thanks again
This question should be asked in the magazine where most members will see it and have the opportunity to respond.
Subject matter--Where to get parts for and how to repair my 1930 AC fuel pump so that I can run a dual system of electric and mechanical pumps. [electric for both starting and backup]. Plus proper setup.

How about a list of current part numbers for common replacement parts for various models? Belts, plugs, points etc.

RonJ

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

Jan

I know what I am going to say requires the membership to help, but it would be nice to see photos and short articles about the "shows" that the membership attend, and the types of awards that are won.

Peg and I are going to Charleston SC for a "Winter Warm Up" on Feb 4. We have been there the previous two years and it is a fun experience and a fun town.

Lance and I typically show our cars at various "street shows" when I am in San Diego. The trophies vary but it is nice to see a Durant win a prize. I would like to see articles and photos of other members that are successful when they show their cars.

charlie

There are some subjects not very clear about some optionals, that can be clarified in future issues.
Shock absorbers were original supply or add ins to differente Durant/Rugby products? Different types of shocks can be observed, and also some models advertised originally without them as an advantage.
Where there options available in dealers, as bumpers, rear mirrors, boycemeters, cowl lights, white tire bands, top saddles, etc.?

Regards

Ricardo

The Durant Motors Automobile Club