Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad News

Bob Krause sent me a Christmas card and a letter recaping his activities for 2005. It is with sadness I report that Bob lost his son John at age 57 from a massive heart attack. Bob also lost his second wife Martha of 17 years on December 18th. Must admit this bad news brought tears to my eyes.
Bob was very instrumental in the starting of the DMAC and was receipent of the first President's Award that was awarded in 2000 at our Annual Meet in Flint, MI.
Please take the time to remember Bob in his time of sadness with a card, telephone call or a prayer.

Yates
Founder, DMAC

Re: Sad News

Bob our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Bob........

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you..

Frank & Cathy Witkowski

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bob in his time of sorrow
Jan & Patty Arnett

Like Yates, I was shocked when I received Bob Krause's Christmas letter.

In late 70's I visited Bob on a trip to Long Beach, CA. He had just finsihed the chassis for the Durant Service truck that he was planning to construct. He took me for a ride around the block sitting on wooden boxes.

I was instrumental in getting him to join AACA and show his Star cars at AACA meets where he has won awards on both his Stars.

Bob is not on the Internet but his mailing address is - 40 Claremont Ave, Long Beach, CA 90803

Bob Porter

Yes Bob has had quite a year. His 2nd wife had been in failing health now for quite a while. We talk on the phone about once a week and his spirits are very good. He is back working on the 29 Durant model 63 four door and is after me to start cutting and installing all new wood in it. Will do that in early summer. He still wants to continue being our magazine distributor. That in itself is a lot of work. Great member. He is so considerate and always sends all of us close club friends a nice letter with his Christmas card with all the car and family news. He is now 84 and still going strong. He also always contributes money to club needs anytime I call him. God bless him. Later Lance Haynes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club