Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East Coast Chapter - Spring Meet 2006

The East Coast Chapter Spring Meet will be held April 27-30th in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. Headquarters will be the Comfort Inn in Williamsburg.
We have reserved a block of rooms at a rate of $75.00 per night. We will probably take a trip to Jamrstown which is only 8 miles from the motel. A visit to Yorktowne is also being considered.
Make your reservations now and tell the motel you are with the DMAC. Call toll free 1-800-358-8003. The address for the Comfort Inn is 706 Bypass Rd, Williamsburg, VA. 23185
For more info contact: Yates Milton
9331 NC Hwy 210
Four Oaks, NC 27524
Tel # 919-989-9603

Make your reservations now and be sure to bring that old Durant made vehicle.

Yates

Re: East Coast Chapter - Spring Meet 2006

COUNT US IN....MARCIA AND GARY KAUFFMAN

You know you can count me in! wouldn't miss it for anything. Lot's of great things to do in Williamsburg. Besides the historic district, you have Bush Gardens with its tour of the brewery, and the theme park, several beautiful southern mansions to tour, and of course for the ladies (no I'm not stereotyping, just being realistic) quite a few factory outlet malls and great antique shopping. I'm sure Frank will bring some of his great parts to sell too! Hope to see all the East Coast Durantonians out there!

Hi All......

Cathy and I will be there. Sounds like a great area for the meet. Lots to do and plenty of interesting activities for everyone.

The East Coast Chapter, just keeps growing, we have members from Canada, to Florida and even in Iowa! All are welcome to join us just contact Mike or mysef for information

Looking forward to seeing all our old friends and making new ones.

Will be bringing one of our cars, not sure which one will be ready.

Lets get as many people and cars as possible. If your car is not ready yet, please come out and enjoy the good time with us. I'm sure that you will get a ride in a Durant or Star.

Will be bringing a bunch of parts to sell or trade, many new and exciting parts and repo's, ley me know if there is anything you need.......

Frank

---

My wife and I are making arrangements to get time off from work.We will make hotel reservations as soon as we hear we have the time off. Looking forward to another great meet.

Ok, who's coming to the Spring East Coast Meet other than those who said they were coming so far?

Yes Mike; we will be there

Hay Yates old buddy. Sonia + I , (Bert) are planning to attend For once we have that weekend free.

Where Are You From? starcar22@earthlink.net

I WILL BE ATTENDING THE MEET.I AM FLYING INTO NORFOLK ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON BY MYSELF.

The East Coast Chapter meeting is coming together great. Don't miss out on the chance to see the beautiful Williamsburg Virginia area. Those of you who have not been there will find plenty of things to do! Friday we will have the trip to Jamestown, which is a recreation of the fist settlement of Pocahontas and Captain John Smith fame. Friday night we will have our meeting to bring everyone up to date on what's happening in the DMAC and ECC as well as have parts for sale by Frank W. Saturday we will travel to the Old City of Williamsburg which is a recreation of the original city of the 1700's complete with old homes, businesses such as furniture makers, gunsmiths, etc. We've put in our order for great weather! As in most of the East Coast meetings, you will be able to join the club members for the tour and then spend the rest of the day on your own to enjoy Bush Gardens which has a brewery tour, and theme park, or many of the fine factory outlet shopping centers in the area. Get your rest before because we will burn the candles late at night talking Durants. Bring the part you want to swap or sell, or the question for that hard to finish project. You probably will get the answer from one of your fellow Durantonians who has conquered the same problem before. Don't be square, see you there!

Will anyone be staying over Saturday night? I need to be in Atlanta, GA Friday & Saturday. I could get to Williamsburg by late Saturday afternoon. Will anyone or any cars still be there? I really don't want to miss this great event.

Hi Leonard........

Cathy and I will be staying till Sunday morning.

See you there........Frank

marcia and i will be staying til sunday...marcia wants to see the history and the shopping....of course

My flight out of Richmond is at 11, so I'll be there until sunday morning.

Got a call from Ralph Woodard and he said that he and Judy would attend. The Milton Clan will be there until Sunday AM. Great to hear that Bert and Sonia will attend. Our Spring Meet is really begining too grow.

Yates

Yates
Due to Flo's health we will not be able to attend the
spring meet.Hope to see everybody in the fall.
Allen

We also will be staying till Sunday.

OK Durantonians, the weather there up north is starting to change and spring has sprung, so what a perfect time to visit the ole dominion state. We've put our order in for beautiful weather and it looks like we're going to have a fun time visiting the sites. Don't forget to make your reservations and let Yates know if your going to be attending. I look forward to seeing all of you there. Be there or be square!

Mike: What weather forecast have you been reading? Spring is blocked up. Its cold in NJ, and windy as well. At the rate that we are going even the ground hog is going to be wrong on the weather prediction.

charlie

Now Charlie let's think positive! I said we put in our request for great weather, and it would not dare be bad for our East Coast meet. I'm sure Billy's looking down and will try to arrange the best weather for us he can.

Carol and I will be coming.... just have to get the dates and times set. Most likely we will stay there until Monday. I will try to bring a few parts as well. Anyone need anything special? email me and will try to bring whatever.

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Larry it's great that you an Carol will be joining us. All you other members on the East Coast who are vasilating on coming on not, it's not to late to make your reservations and plan on joining the group. I found out that also the same weekend at Williamsburg is a Virginia area hot rod get together, so for you who also like the rods then you can see them there also. Contact Yates ASAP and let him know your coming. See you there!

Hi All.......

Well only one week to go. Hope everyone is ready, the turn out seems real good.

If you can't bring a car, how about bringing some pictures of that current project to share with everyone else.

If you remember the previous meets the Durantonians (thanks Gary K for coining this new word) spent a lot of time together swapping stories and ideas.

Bring something for show and tell.

See ya all on Thursday! !

Frank & Cathy ---

So far we have 29 people who plan to attend our ECC Meet in Williamsburg, VA. I have also had two telephone calls from non-members inquiring about our meet. Also got a email from Harold Hartel, President of the Virginia Penisula Classic Car Council (VPCCC) who has posted the meet on their website (www.VPCCC.org). We will have some visitors from that area. Don't miss out on this fun filled event. We will be at the Comfort Inn in Williamsburg. Make your reservations now.............Bring that Durant made automobile...

Yates

YATES, DO WE HAVE TO GET SPECIAL TICKETS TO GET INTO THE WMSBRG OLD TOWN STUFF? I HEAR THEM ON TV MENTION FAMILY PLANS FOR THE PARK OR EXHIBIT STUFF....GARY K...AND HOW ABOUT GROUP PLAN? COST LESS?

Yates and Members of the ECC,

Sounds as if will be a great meeting. I wish the Chapter had been in existance years ago when I was younger. I also wish the chapter great success and I hope it will stress authenticity and not modification.

Even though I am not a member, I am still willing to help anyone that wants to do a true restoration.

Bob

The Durant Motors Automobile Club