Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Correct Color for 25 Star Radiator

I'm having the radiator recored (honeycomb type)for my 25 Touring (W5 engine). Were these painted? If so, what color? Flat, semi-gloss or gloss? Thanks.

Re: Need Correct Color for 25 Star Radiator

The core is painted black. The radiator shop should have the right paint. Probably semi-gloss would be OK. You don't want a heavy coat that would act as an insulator.

Bob

I'm no authority on radiator paint but I did question a radiator shop here in Yuma as to what type of paint that he used when I dropped off a radiator for repair, he assured me that their paint was strictly lampblack with a carrier an that that type of paint was not an insulator but a conductor..For what that is worth.... Bill

For the past forty years I have painted my radiator with the cheapest black spray can I can find. As Bob says you do not want to insulate it and cheap spray paint has little pigment in it. Spray from the top down because this is how a person looks at the radiator. You do not have to spray from the bottom up.
Jan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club