Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beverly Rae Kimes

I read in Old Cars Weekly that Automotive historian Beverly Rae Kimes (a new member to the club) was the 2005 recipient of Lifetime Achievement honors from the International Automotive Media Awards. Congratulations to her.

Re: Beverly Rae Kimes

Hi Gary. That is good news as Beverly Rae Kimes is one of the most acclaimed automobile writers and auto historian living today. She also is a Durant groupie as she calls herself. After getting my hands on the August 2000 Automobile Quarterly Volume 40 number 3 (buy this great book from the publisher for only $25.00 by calling 800-523-0236) and reading the fantastic story she wrote on our Billy Durant (also a great story on Clifford Durant Billy’s son and another story on just the Star car) by with 27 great pictures I started trying to track her down. I was relating this story to a gentleman in a auto shop up in Colorado that was working on a Durant car and I was helping with parts and info and he said he had a friend that knew her and he got her home phone number in NY for me. I was able to catch her at home and invited her to join our club and she jumped at the chance. So this acclaimed automobile writer Beverly Rae Kimes is a dues paying member of our club. Me proud. She was actually the Editor of Automobile Quarterly for years and years. She also was the author and historian on the greatest and largest (1612 pages) old car book ever printed the Krause publication of “The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942 along with the great researcher Henry Austin Clark, Jr. BTW this large book is the bible of old cars. I use it a lot and it has all the production numbers of all our Durant built cars the Durant, Star, Flint, Locomobile and DeVaux and Dort etc, etc. and a lot of info on Durant. Just a few more of her really, really prestigious awards for just this catalog she received the coveted Cugnot award from the Society of Automobile Historians and Thomas McKean Trophy of the Antique Automobile Club of America and the “Moto” Award of the National Association of Automobile Journalism. Go to Google and type in her name and you will see how extensive of automobile writer she is. She has agreed to speak at one of our national meets on the East Coast if her schedule allows. Lance Haynes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club