Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Roadster?

A local oldtimer that builds T's has a car under a tarp in the field which I thought was a model A roadster. When I asked him about it he said it was a Durant that he was storing for a friend & that, while in pieces, was complete...
I dont have any specifics yet, but what would I expect to pay for something like this? He said he thought the guy wanted $2k for it but wasnt sure...
What would it be worth restored? Would it make a good streetrod candidate?
thanks
S.

Re: Durant Roadster?

No Durant is a good street rod candidate.

Amen Dave.....Did you find the steering column support? If not I think I may have one..

Yates

Hello Sean,

The value of this car depends a lot on the condition of the parts. If the sheet metal is rusted with holes through it and the motor, transmission, rearend, ect., are full of water and rust the car is nothing more than a pile of rebuildable cores. Also, unless you can get the car for next to nothing you will be hard pressed to turn a profit restoring it unless it is a rare model. Keep in mind that Roadsters, Coupes, touring cars, and two door sedans are worth a lot more than four door Sedans.

SEAN
I TRIED HOT RODDING A DURANT...IT WAS TOO HARD AND TOO EXPENSIVE..NOTHING FIT RIGHT AND THE AVAILABLE ROD STUFF WAS MOSTLY MADE FOR CHEVY AND FORD , PLYMOUTH AND DODGE.A ROADSTER WOULD BE WORTH RESTORING BECAUSE A RESTORED DURANT ROADSTER WOULD BE WORTH $8-15,OOO. OF COURSE IT WOULD COST MORE THAN THAT TO RESTORE...IF YOU CAN FIND THE PARTS NEEDED....BUT YOU WOULD HAVE A DESIRABLE ANTIQUE IF YOU KEPT IT. iF YOU LOSE INTEREST, LET US KNOW...WE WOULD LIKE TO PRESERVE DURANTS CARS ANY TIME WE CAN GET THEM...GARY K

The Durant Motors Automobile Club