Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reproduction top water pipes for the 14L and 15L engines

I've commissioned a company to reproduce the top water pipe for the 14L and 15L engines. This is the pipe located on the head that flows hot water out from the motor to the top water tank in the radiator.

I've found that the factory used two types of pipes, one short that is welded to the top of the thermostat housing and a long pipe that was used on engines with no thermostat. I have both types. So I'm making the long pipe, that way it can be trimmed to replace the short pipe as well.

These upper water return pipes will have the correct bend require what's left of the original pipe be cut off the old flange and then weld the new pipe back on. They will be made of a modern mild steel and be slightly thicker (.065) for added durability, heck they'll outlast all of us.

Please reply if you're interested, the price will be $30 each and include shipping (US & Canada) overseas slightly more.

Rick Botti

Re: Reproduction top water pipes for the 14L and 15L engines

Rick,

Put me down for two.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Rick
Thanks for getting these pipes made. I will take two.
Thanks.

The top water pipes have arrived! They look good all shiny and new, plus they're made with a slightly thicker steel so they should out last us all.

It is intended you'll cut the bottom of the pipe to fit your origianl flang. Then weld the flang to the pipe.

Christmas Internet Special

Send payment in US Funds to:

Rick Botti
4845 Iris Terrace
Fremont, CA 94555-2718
USA

You can use paypal too, my paypal ID is : rbotti@earthlink.net

I've placed an ad in the next issue of the Durant Partner and priced them at $30 each, BUT order now and the price will be $25 each, shipping included.

Rick, Just got the pipes and they are great. I can't wait to get it hooked up, painted and on the car. Great job.

Thanks a ton for your work.

Gary Warden

Hi Rick
My new top water pipes just arrived. They are GRRRREAT!!! Thanks so much for arranging their production. It sure is nice having some good NOS parts available.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club