Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Window Felts

Hello fellow members, Iam in need of the felt window channels for the side windows on my '29 Durant. Does anyone have a source for these pieces. Thank You, Bruce Hargin.

Re: Window Felts

Bruce, try Restoration Specialties and Supply Co. PH.814.467.9842 or 814.467.9282 www.restorationspecialties.com or email info@restorationspecialties.com You can get their catalogue for $3.50

Bruce, could you not find a suitable channel in a local automotive glass shop?

I seem to remember finding suitable channels which I then cut to the length needed for my 1930 4-07. The shop had a large selection of different sizes to chose from.

Ron J ...

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

Bruce,

Locate a supplier of Model A parts, such as Bartons in Gaithersburg, MD. They have channels 32 inches long. $7.20 each if you can't find the channel in find bulk lengths. 1-800-255-1929. Also contact Metro Molded Products in Minneapolis. Questions, call 1-612-757-0310. They stock several styles. Probably should get their catalog.

Bob

Bruce,
You may also want to try LeBaron Bonney who also has Model A parts. Telephone 1-800-221-5408. I used their channels on my 30 Durant Sedan. Good luck..

Yates

The Durant Motors Automobile Club