Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant ?? Star?? found

This past weekend at a swap meet I saw a car of questionable make for sale. It had a sign saying 1923 ?? Durant. I immediately started looking closer and saw numerous questionable items. It had a 1923 Durant radiator shell. Good. The engine was a 4 cly flat-head with carb on driver side. Seller thought it might be 1926 Durant but not sure. It did run. Wheels were wood spoke with 4 bolt fellows, I suggested STAR and he changed his sign to read DURANT / STAR. Rear brakes only. The body was a touring with only the cowl and rear tub -no doors or middle section. ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS WORTH? Where can I locate specific identification on the chassis for numbering? the firewall tag is missing.

Thanks

Re: Durant ?? Star?? found

Hi Jack,
My 23 Durant has a date stamped on the back side of the front axle. I realize this does not pinpoint a definite time the car was manufactured but could help. How about the date that is cast on the drivers side of the block and the motor serial #??

Yates

The Durant Motors Automobile Club