Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1926 Star Six coupe

My neighbour has asked I research a price for a 1926 Star Six Coupe, The Car was rebuilt by his Father in Law whom passed away 3 years ago and has since been in storage. It is completely rebuilt frame up, engine has been rebuilt, new Starter,generator, All Chrome and Nickel plate has been redone flawlessly, Interior is done, All gauges, ever knob,switch cable is either new or rebuilt, wooden wheels in excellent shape, countless hour and no expense spared in rebuilding.
He was considering EBAY or perhaps through a Durant club such as this.
Does anyone have an idea what price could be expected, It is a very impressive car in excellent shape.

Re: 1926 Star Six coupe

You can see pictures of this car by clicking on the mailbox icon to your left or pasting this url into your browser.

Rick

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/forsale/1926starcoupe/index.html

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/forsale/1926starcoupe/index.html

I HAVE MISC PARTS FOR A 1926 DURANT STAR DELUX ROADSTER. (FRONT FENDERS AND REAR FENDERS AND ENGINE TRANS AND REAREND AND MAYBE MORE)I AM 17 YEARS OLD AND USING IT TO BUILD A RAT ROD.I WILL TRADE FOR DOORS.MY # IS 1 406 463 2392.IF YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS WORTH PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES SIR

JASON
Do you really want to butcher the Star and make it a Rat Rod? Why not be unique and keep it original. Rods are a dime a dozen but an original Star isn't. Don't cut the ole gal up, restore her to her previous glory!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

Dittos! Dittos! Amen, Amen,Amen!
Build 'er stock and have something different and unique. Besides, it's fun to show up the Model A crowd.

Well guys where can I get more info and parts, And what is this thing worth.I just moved to montana from Minnesota and this was the first auto i found and paid 175.00 for it and about 8 hours of cutting trees.

HI JASONT CAN YOU POST SOME PICTURES AND LIST ANYTHING MISSING DOES THE ENGINE TURN OVER ? IS THE ENGINE CODE 14L ? ON BLOCK DRIVERS SIDE FRONT .ARE WHEELS USABLE? ANY SEAT OR WINDSHEILD AND IS THE FRAME SOLID? TRUNK LID?BUMPERS?RAD GET THE PICTURE !

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

Jason
Sir you've come to the right place! This club has over 400 members just waiting to help a young person like yourself keep the Durant/Star memory going. You may not be able to peel out at a light, but you will get just as many looks and thumbs up from people as you would a rat rod. Just ask and the club will help you out. Restore em and drive em I say!

Colleagues: Sometimes we neglect to acknowledge the desires of certain hobbyists. Personally, a pure and beautiful Star car is a true treasure. I don't care much about antiques that have been patched together ignoring originality. Our young respondent may not have the resources to bring this interesting find to satisfactory completion. Costs of labor and parts can be overwhelming, especially if resources are lean. I'm lost for suggestions, but can reaffirm the joy of a restored vehicle that is fun to drive and retains a monetary value that can be applied to upgrading and improving this unique hobby.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Thanks Guys for all your info, I don't know what I want to do now.With all your guys info I am leaning to go original.Is this a commom vehicle or is this something special.What are the chances of finding parts, Are the parts expensive.Iam missing doors and a trunk lid. Thanks for all your help JasonT

Way to go Jason! Come on all you fellow Durantonians, Let's help this young lad out. Everyone is always saying the need to get the younger people involved in the car hobby. Who can help him with some parts?

Jason: The first issue is rust. If by any good chance your coupe has no rust, you've got a giant head start. To take time and effort to put a car back together leaving ANY rust is an effort in futility. Time, effort and money should only build on a good base. It's much less expensive to wait and find a good body and frame with good metal and wood than try to resurrect a very rusty car. Photos on this website showing progress reports will give you a clue what you are in for. To waste time and money on a very deteriorated car will wear you out -- and may be a problem for years. Also, keep in mind the wood frame. It could be rotten inside and that is double trouble. So look carefully at what you have to start with so when and if you do start a restoration, you will be pleased and proud of the results. If your present car is too far gone, there are many colleagues on this website who will lead you to a better beginning. These guys are truly super when it comes to support.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Hi Jasont. Do you have a roadster or a coupe? I’m confused here. How about some pictures? I do have two very good doors for a coupe up in Washington at member Mike Larsen’s house you can have for $50.00 ea. They have green paint on them no dents and hardware still in each door and the glass and window frames are in them. Let us know. Later Lance Haynes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club