Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Urgent! Need help on '28 Durant 65

We are trying to identify a car that is titled as a '28 Durant 65 but has a '31 Willys 6 radiator shell and an OHV Gmc 6 cyl engine transplanted in it. It looks to be well modified. Also if interest is the wire wheels with FOUR lug bolts!
Can anyone confirm whether any Durants had 4 lug wheels??
I would also like to see a pic of the instrument panel to confirm the gauge layout.
Thanks,
Don

Re: Urgent! Need help on '28 Durant 65

Don,

4 lug wie wheels came on my 1929 Deluxe Model 60 roadster and one model 40 roadster I know of.

Rick

Thanks Rick, that was sort of puzzling me.
Don

Hi Don. Check out Sid Semple’s 1928 Touring model 65 Durant on our website. Some of the touring parts are different but that 4-gauge dash should be the same as all model 65 Durant’s. Also Nethercutt has a real nice 28 Durant 4 door model 65 on permanent display over in the new museum up in Sylmar, Ca. Phone 818-364-6464. I also have 19” stock 29 Durant roadster adjustable wire wheel’s here with the snap ring on the inside of the wheel. So good luck. Later Lance Haynes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club