Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
From Argentina

My country has been better known, as some of our sportmen participated in international events. May be some of you remember Maradona de soccer player, De Vicenzo the golfer, Vilas o recently Gaudio as tennis players.

Some of you may remember also Juan Manuel Fangio five times World champion of Formula 1. Recently I learned and saw a picture of his first races where he won driving a Rugby modified for open races. As you know, that was the local trade mark of Durant products. Investigated the subject I has been told that at the end of the twenties and beginning of the thirties, Durant cars were locally preferred as speedster as where strong and reliable. Unfortunately that made that many cars where destroyed. Most of drivers when Durant cars where out of the market went to Chevrolet.

Ricardo

Re: From Argentina

That is very interesting Ricardo,I have a 1929 M 40 rugby roadster that was imported to the uk from Argentina aprox 6 years ago.

Regards Barry

To me Tazio Nuvolari was the greatest driver of all time but Fangio was surely next in line. How about a picture of a Rugby race car for the photo section?

Jack:

I will send the picture to Rick.

Regards

Ricardo

The Durant Motors Automobile Club