Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oakland & Star Durant Factory

Oakland & Star Durant Factory

I purchased a DVD containing 3 films made for the Oakland, California area on EBay last week. They may have been produced for the Oakland Camber of Commerce and are dated 1918, 1928 and 1931. The 1928 film briefly talked about Oakland as the Detroit of the West and gave aerial views of the Durant and Star factory. You can clearly see the water tower with the Durant and Star Company in the background. The film also shows the General Motors Chevrolet plant that was built by our man Billy Durant
around 1915 and 40% owned by Norman DeVaux. The film then went on to the show the Willy Overland and Chrysler factories.

Now the total view of the Durant and Chevrolet factories only lasted maybe 20 seconds, but it was nice to see the factory were my car was manufactured, back in the day.

The person I bought my DVD from makes and sells copies, below is the link to his current auction.

Rick

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14279&item=6185537958&rd=1

Where Are You From? cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14279&item=6185537958&rd=1

The Durant Motors Automobile Club